Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Crits Wont Happen If You Are Not Hosting 12 Min Vid To Prove It

Garuger

As client, if non-crit damage kills an enemy then it won't roll for crit. Any time the crit damage would have mattered, it functions as normal.

Your high crit sniper rifle isn't critting very often? Congratulations! Your sniper rifle is so radical that it is killing guys in 1 shot without the help of crit.

Tell it to my synapse with 100%+ crit chance or soma with ~80% ctit chance which have a not a single one yellow number on some of the hosts. All your words is just an bullsh`t to cover the lazyness of your developers in case of fixing bugs.

Then post your videos as evidence. I and several other people have done testing and came up with basically the same conclusion as the staff member.

On our testing:

host:

You'll see all the numbers (main, elementals, actual-taken, etc). Every bit of potential damage, even if you hit something with 1 health. You see 1, and then all the other big numbers. It's excitement!

guest:

if the hit kills the mob the number you'll see is how much health the mob had left, not how much potential damage you could have done. That's all you see. No elemental procs, no crit yellow, nothing.

If it doesn't do enough damage to kill the mob, then crits work as normal. Lots of yellow.

If it's extremely laggy, you might just see 1 number that kills the mob.

Video evidence in these threads:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/162864-critical-chance-in-regards-to-clienthost/

containing my video with a low modded soma in kiste or kappa doing plenty of yellow crits as a guest. Because the 24 damage it does per pellet isn't enough to 1-shot mobs.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/166808-no-critical-shot-with-my-victis-when-im-not-host/#entry1977280
Video there of a vectis guy 1 shotting level 1 mobs. Instead of seeing 1k crits, he sees only 57 hits. Because that's how much health the mobs have.

Entirely consistent with what the staff member said. One person doing the testing had said that they were still getting berserker procs when meleeing so I deduced from that that crits happened even if they weren't seen. That isn't consistent with the staff member reply. I'm not sure who is right there, but I don't care enough to go and test it. And it doesn't matter, since you only see a number that shows how much health the mob had left.  I'll give benefit of the doubt to the staff member, since I was relying on a report from someone else.

But you guys claiming it doesn't work that way. That's something new. Please post a vid. Cheers.

Edited by harly