Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Room Ideas

Shotinthedark79

What I hate about the dojo is that it is something that is visited when you need something. Players go in to trade or get research prints and then leave. There isn't much to keep a player entertained there

I was talking with a few clan members bouncing ideas around about the dojo and here is some of the better stuff that we came up with.

1) Arsenal room

Basically what we thought of for this room is a large collection of different weapons, maybe even warframes, that a player could access. These weapons could be crafted in the dojo or donated by players that have the weapon. The idea is that you could come test out a weapon or something in a small practice room. Weapons that maybe you don't have the mastery or resources for, or maybe you wanna try before you buy.

Edit: Maybe instead of having to build or donate all the weapons, maybe there could be tiers of weaponry that would be unlocked instead. Unlocking a tier would give you access to a group of weapons.

2) Firing Range

I think this could be great for a person trying to figure out what kind of damage they can dish out. Have test dummies that we could unload on. Test fire rate vs damage. Accuracy or damage drop off. Even elemental combos.

3) Combat Simulator

This was my personal favorite. Imagine a simulator where you could go in solo or a squad and set up your own objective. Maybe you want to fight against a large army of Rollers. Maybe you want to take down a level 300 Bombard. Maybe you want to try a specific boss at a certain level. I imagine a 3 tier system of rooms. 1) Reservation and settings. You reserve the room in the dojo or uninvited members can't join and you set up what you want to do. 2) Prep room. Like the hallway before the Jackal fight. Ready up Tenno. 3) Arena Tile. Just have a couple different arena style tiles that we can choose from to have our simulation in.

Also, I think this could add incentive to the codex scanner in that you could be required to fully scan an enemy before you can fight them in the simulator.

4) More Research

DE kinda beat me to the punch on this one, but I'd love to see even more variety of labs and things we can research.

5) Fun/Interactive rooms

I personally like the obstacle course. I think that if we had a different style of course would be interesting. Maybe add a stealth course (once stealth works), a sharpshooter range, maybe a arcade style shooting range. Don't really have any good ideas for specific rooms, but I like the style

What do you guys think? Good? Bad? Any additions?

Edited by Shotinthedark79

All of these ideas sound great to me  except for one thing you said in your first room idea about "donated by players that have the weapon" i'm guessing a lot of players wouldn't want to leave one of their weapons in the dojo like that, so maybe that room should just have testing for all weapons

Edited by Senparos

All of these ideas sound great to me  except for one thing you said in your first room idea about "donated by players that have the weapon" i'm guessing a lot of players wouldn't want to leave one of their weapons in the dojo like that, so maybe that room should just have testing for all weapons

What I meant is like in order to have a weapon available that you don't have, the weapon has to be there. Maybe a person levels a weapon for mastery and just plans on selling it, but instead donates it.

But thinking about, that would be a lot to build and keep up with.

Ok, i like some of these ideas but, Arsenal Room, Firing Range and Simulator Room should be one room all together because this would make it easier for a person for example to walk up to a table or console and then select a weapon of their choice and while they are in that room they would then be able to use that weapon to test it for the period of time while in that room and test it in a simulation. (also a side note i did see another post about a Firing Range Room is being planned for Clan Dojo's https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/171453-i-have-an-idea/) Last but not least for Fun and interactive rooms my suggestion would be for that, would not exactly be anymore shooting range games cause it would be kinda boring, since you would have all that excitement going on in the Firing Range Room. Possibly a Whacamole Game Room where you can use your melee weapon to one hit kill dummy grineer's or something and keep track of how many you can get in a certain time limit or how fast you can get them all down in a matter of seconds/minutes.  

Edited by Imortel