The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Forget The Brakk, De ;)

Namacyst

Comparing Brakk DPS with the Top 3 of their Weapon category on dpsframe.com and calculated Average DPS of those:

(Left out Sniers/Bows because their not really DPS Weapons.)

Top 3...

Pistols:

Stug 22325 DPS

Akbolto 18138 DPS

Wraith Twin Vipers 16707 DPS

Average: 19056 DPS

Rifle:

Soma 13028 DPS

Synapse 11583 DPS

Penta 11475 DPS

Average: 12028 DPS

Shotguns:

Boar Prime 17311 DPS

Strun Wraith 14197 DPS

Drakgoon 10688 DPS

Average: 14065 DPS

-----------------------

Brakk 30755 DPS

-----------------------

If this is not way out of line then i don't know what is.

Feel free to /discuss but i believe i made my point very clear.

hmm, I don't see the point, comparing raw dps, while ignoring things like effective range, is...welll...naive in my opinion. Try shooting with the brakk over a distance, and then compare it to, say, the LEX for example, and then say that the brakk still does more dps ;)

hmm, I don't see the point, comparing raw dps, while ignoring things like effective range, is...welll...naive in my opinion. Try shooting with the brakk over a distance, and then compare it to, say, the LEX for example, and then say that the brakk still does more dps ;)

Should i just compare Brakk with Shotgun Primaries then? Because those have falloff, too and lose badly vs. a Pistol that has triple the DPS.

Should i just compare Brakk with Shotgun Primaries then? Because those have falloff, too and lose badly vs. a Pistol that has triple the DPS.

which I had a hard time getting (100 invasions went to my head), in comparison to the primaries, which are easy as pie to get.

It was very hard to get and therefore it is better. where is the problem?

Guest Shibboleet

which I had a hard time getting (100 invasions went to my head), in comparison to the primaries, which are easy as pie to get.

It was very hard to get and therefore it is better. where is the problem?

I ran 700 Gradivus invasions and I think it does need to be adjusted down. Right now the only ammo viable secondary for late game that does high dps is the Brakk.

Edited by Shibboleet

I could argue the difference in falloff damage and spread but you keep saying this word DPS and I don't think you know what it means, so we really need to sort that out.

It means Damage Per Second. The DPS number you're looking at assumes one target in optimal range using optimal mods for pure damage and includes time spent reloading, which is lightning quick on the Brakk and inflates the number. If you are zorren coptering around for 1.0 seconds between shots to get to the next enemy, your DPS just fell in half because you did ZERO damage in that second. You with me?

If another weapon has punch through and hits two guys, their DPS just doubled because they're applying it to two targets in the same second. If you reload in combat for 1.0sec four times, but the Sobek reloads after everything is dead while sprinting down a hall to the next fight, your DPS just fell off a cliff and the Sobek's horrible DPS, just shot upwards. See how that works? DPS != Applied Damage.

Edited by VKhaun

Right now the only ammo viable secondary for late game that does high dps is the Brakk.

I'm tempted to argue this, but really there is no such thing as ammo viability in late game because ammo packs are made of nanospores, so I will not.

Edited by VKhaun

which I had a boring time getting (100 invasions went to my head), in comparison to the primaries, which are easy as pie to get.

It was boring* to get and therefore it is better. where is the problem?

Doing 100 missions wasn't hard you just needed a nova, ogris or a frame with a op ult. Many people used those frames and weapons to do 200+ missions without even working up a sweat.

45536129.jpg       instead of         45536147.jpg

Because nerfing 1 Weapon that performs way over the top is easier than buffing all the other Weapons that perform as intended (some weapons being the exception because theire crap).

In the end it doesnt really matter if Brakk gets nerfed or not because 75%+ of all other weapons do the job. I just see 30k DPS vs. 15k DPS and that is something out of the ordinary and should be looked at. It does not matter if a Gun does 30k DPS if 10k are enough to kill everything except Wave 100 Defense Mobs.

Because nerfing 1 Weapon that performs way over the top is easier than buffing all the other Weapons that perform as intended (some weapons being the exception because theire crap).

In the end it doesnt really matter if Brakk gets nerfed or not because 75%+ of all other weapons do the job. I just see 30k DPS vs. 15k DPS and that is something out of the ordinary and should be looked at. It does not matter if a Gun does 30k DPS if 10k are enough to kill everything except Wave 100 Defense Mobs.

why? is not game breaking, like , nova.

Do you even have a brakk?

in that train of tought, embolist should be one the best weapons in the game because of damage only

Is not the case.

Edited by omega_phoenix

I wouldn't trust dpsframe.com's numbers blindly. Take the Boar Prime for example, the default dps that shows is 17311 but if you take off Shotgun Spazz and add a Vicious Spread, the dps becomes 20780. I guess what I'm trying to say is take the default builds from that site with a grain of salt.

Edited by PootyTang

I could argue the difference in falloff damage and spread but you keep saying this word DPS and I don't think you know what it means, so we really need to sort that out.

It means Damage Per Second. The DPS number you're looking at assumes one target in optimal range using optimal mods for pure damage and includes time spent reloading, which is lightning quick on the Brakk and inflates the number. If you are zorren coptering around for 1.0 seconds between shots to get to the next enemy, your DPS just fell in half because you did ZERO damage in that second. You with me?

If another weapon has punch through and hits two guys, their DPS just doubled because they're applying it to two targets in the same second. If you reload in combat for 1.0sec four times, but the Sobek reloads after everything is dead while sprinting down a hall to the next fight, your DPS just fell off a cliff and the Sobek's horrible DPS, just shot upwards. See how that works? DPS != Applied Damage.

I know what DPS means and i took it as a measurement of reference because as you said yourself.. there are too much variables in play when just running a mission... but most of the variables you talk about reducing the DPS of the Brakk in the end apply to all other weapons, too. Why should a Weapon that performs twice at good under perfect conditions than other guns be worse than other weapons when all of them get the same negative impact. The comparison is just for the raw numbers in an environment where every Gun performs at peak performance, nothing more.. otherwise you couldn't compare weapons at all.

Even if you measure in Damage per shot instead of Damage per second the Brakk outperforms ~90% of all other guns and most of them even on long range where falloff kicks in (spread and pellet mechanic playing a role here).

If you take an average of everything, DPS, Damage per shot, Burst or whatever.. Brakk will still be out of line.

So it is pure butthurt? Rage? Or you just begrudge those who have it?

Why does it matter, if you can kill enemies with gun a the same way as with gun b?

So it is pure butthurt? Rage? Or you just begrudge those who have it?

Why does it matter, if you can kill enemies with gun a the same way as with gun b?

I have the gun myself and i am not butthurt, not raging or any other negative trait you want to put on my sleve. This thread is about the numbers purely.. even if they may be a bit off.. but when there is a range of 15k i don't think a bit off matters much.

I just wanted to give a comparison because most weapons do similar DPS in their category.. the only gun that sticks out by far is the Brakk.

I agree and said it before that it does not matter if the guns kill the mob... when you one-shot it does not matter if you did 5k or 50k ... Brakk just seems so much off on paper.

If you like to use it because it's strong.. go ahead, it's okay.. but please don't blame other people for pointing out that there may be a bit of imbalance at play here.

Edited by Namacyst