Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Mod Interface

MortalSword

Hello DE!

I wanted to take some time to discuss my feelings and insight into the current Mod interface. My goal is to supply some honest feedback and offer up some features or tweaks that I think would greatly enhance the experience and functionality of the mod system. 

I want to first mention that I think the mod system is very creative and provides interesting options for gameplay and also a major motivating factor on why players will continue to play the game.

The actual in game experience of using the interface is very counter intuitive and at times frustrating and clunky. As a player amasses more mods, both in quantity of unique mods and in quantity of duplicates the interface becomes more and more congested and cumbersome. When you hit the point of having a few hundred mods it can become a stress inducing experience to try to manage your upgrades or customize your kit. 

In short, we need much deeper sorting options, covering many different criteria and with the ability to impose multiple filters at the same time to narrow down the selection to exactly what you intend to interact with. There are a number of different criteria that we may want or need to sort by, and I'd like to highlight some of them.

Mod Rarity

- We should be able to toggle what mods are visible based on rarity. Being able to toggle all three rarities off or on would be ideal, as an example I would like to be able to show only Common and Uncommon mods when I'm looking to Fusion with them, or show only Rare mods when I am going to transmute them.

Ranked vs Unranked

- Toggle to show/hide Max Ranked only, Ranked only, Unranked only or All

Installed vs Not Installed

- Toggle to show Installed mod only (not just on the item I am looking at, but all installed mods), Installed to current Arsenal (similar to current option, but covering what is currently equipped), Not Installed.

Polarity Hide/Show

- Not sorted by polarity, but showing or hiding the selected Polarities.

Duplicate Stacking

- Toggle that stacks all unranked duplicates. I realize this one may be difficult because the nature of how mods are stored in the game may not facilitate this kind of function, but it really should be an option if possible. 

Safety Toggle

- Option to to make an item Do Not Sell/Do Not Fusion/Do Not Transmute. This would prevent a great deal of accidental consumption of important/ranked/rare mods. Additionally should be able to show/hide all "safe" mods. 

Warframe Ability Mods

- Should have a separate tab like Sentinel or Aura do now.

- In the Arsenal ability slots should be grouped together, not disjointed as currently. It is awkward and not intuitive to new players. This being said, I want to commend the dev team on enabling the ability to equip other mods in those slots, or re-polarize them if they wish to customize their build. This is an awesome feature, my suggested change would make it more intuitive for new players. 

That is my feedback on Mod sorting. It may seem like a minor issue but it honestly isn't, it becomes a huge time sink and very confusing to use the current interface and keeps us from spending time enjoying the awesome gameplay. these kind of changes would less the need to do "housekeeping" and also greatly reduce the risks of someone losing a vluable mod that took alot of time or effort to acquire and rank up.

- MortalSword

Edited by MortalSword

^THIS

Also I think it would be nice to have option to separate the corrupted mods from the others or have some other marking that will make difference from the other mods.And remove the mods from codex from update 10.6 that some have received them from transmutation.I hate to see the red rectangles, and that you can't get that mods.

I would be happy if the recent mod sorting worked....I just got done doing my 5 rounds on pluto for the invasion and when I went to sort my mods by recent (to see if I got anything exciting) it showed me a bunch of fusion cores, followed by the blaze I got on the NM alert earlier today. I KNOW I picked up mods (And I know I didn't pick up 20 cores) on those runs, and I have no idea wth they were lol.

Edited by R1chard69

Or at least give stacked mods an aura around the deck or something to differentiate where the stacked mods are. Maybe a sort option for Duplicates? But yeah, recently acquired cards, if they are duplicates, are not coming to the top on "recent" sorting.

Hello DE!

I wanted to take some time to discuss my feelings and insight into the current Mod interface. My goal is to supply some honest feedback and offer up some features or tweaks that I think would greatly enhance the experience and functionality of the mod system. 

I want to first mention that I think the mod system is very creative and provides interesting options for gameplay and also a major motivating factor on why players will continue to play the game.

The actual in game experience of using the interface is very counter intuitive and at times frustrating and clunky. As a player amasses more mods, both in quantity of unique mods and in quantity of duplicates the interface becomes more and more congested and cumbersome. When you hit the point of having a few hundred mods it can become a stress inducing experience to try to manage your upgrades or customize your kit. 

In short, we need much deeper sorting options, covering many different criteria and with the ability to impose multiple filters at the same time to narrow down the selection to exactly what you intend to interact with. There are a number of different criteria that we may want or need to sort by, and I'd like to highlight some of them.

Mod Rarity

- We should be able to toggle what mods are visible based on rarity. Being able to toggle all three rarities off or on would be ideal, as an example I would like to be able to show only Common and Uncommon mods when I'm looking to Fusion with them, or show only Rare mods when I am going to transmute them.

Ranked vs Unranked

- Toggle to show/hide Max Ranked only, Ranked only, Unranked only or All

Installed vs Not Installed

- Toggle to show Installed mod only (not just on the item I am looking at, but all installed mods), Installed to current Arsenal (similar to current option, but covering what is currently equipped), Not Installed.

Polarity Hide/Show

- Not sorted by polarity, but showing or hiding the selected Polarities.

Duplicate Stacking

- Toggle that stacks all unranked duplicates. I realize this one may be difficult because the nature of how mods are stored in the game may not facilitate this kind of function, but it really should be an option if possible. 

Safety Toggle

- Option to to make an item Do Not Sell/Do Not Fusion/Do Not Transmute. This would prevent a great deal of accidental consumption of important/ranked/rare mods. Additionally should be able to show/hide all "safe" mods. 

Warframe Ability Mods

- Should have a separate tab like Sentinel or Aura do now.

- In the Arsenal ability slots should be grouped together, not disjointed as currently. It is awkward and not intuitive to new players. This being said, I want to commend the dev team on enabling the ability to equip other mods in those slots, or re-polarize them if they wish to customize their build. This is an awesome feature, my suggested change would make it more intuitive for new players. 

That is my feedback on Mod sorting. It may seem like a minor issue but it honestly isn't, it becomes a huge time sink and very confusing to use the current interface and keeps us from spending time enjoying the awesome gameplay. these kind of changes would less the need to do "housekeeping" and also greatly reduce the risks of someone losing a vluable mod that took alot of time or effort to acquire and rank up.

- MortalSword

This is really, really needed. I wonder why this was not made for like 6 months now.