Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7 Random Problems And Suggestions About Everything

86com

Seeng there are so many threads here, I'll try make my points short. Don't wanna flood the forum, so I put it all here. This is mostly for the developers (though I'm not against any discussions).

Problem: Playing the Russian version. Translation is not that good. Many text boxes are just empty. Can't find the option to switch it fully to English.

Suggestion: Option to switch to English.

Problem: Constant "radio talk" when going through the mission. "Do the mission", "There are bad guys", "Bad guys are there", "Get to the mission objective." "Bad guys know you are there", "Do the mission", "Bad guys are bad", "You need to do the mission". You can get used to ignore it or just the voice sound off (as I did), but I don't believe this is how it should be solved.

Suggestion: Make less "radio talk".

Problem: It's not the best implementation of the third person view. The character takes too much screen area and almost covers the chrosshair. It's exactly the same feeling you get when you put a big bottle on the table between you and screen. Yes, you can kinda play like that. You can get used to it.

I know there is a setting to make more "Frame of view". It doesn't help that much even when maxed.

Moreover. When you crouch back-to-the wall and try to aim, the characters head covers the whole screen. "Change camera position" key does not help.

Dunno how to post screenshots here, so just imagine. You enter the room and get shot. You want to see who is shooting you but you can't - the walls of the entrance obstruct everything because of the camera placement.

Suggestion: Semi-transparent character model when it covers the screen (like in every other TPS nowadays). Ability to have first-person view (please?).

Problem: Screenshots. There is no ingame way to know how to make screenshots (I had to dig forum for that one, and why F6 from all the keys anyway? No F11,F12, PrintScreen?). No messages "C:\users\user\...\whatever\...\Screenshot_000123.jpg is taken" when you take screenshots (no indication at all). Also I don't see forum control to paste them (I know there is some way, I'm just not gonna waste my time on searching that).

Aren't you in Beta? Don't you want users to actually take screenshots of stuff instead of writing "the game acts weird" and letting you guess?

Suggestion: Make screenshoting clearer.

Problem: Solo play. Yes, I know, it's common for MMOs to have parties being more effective than solo play. But here it feels like the game literally punishes you for even trying to play solo. It is not fun. I'll just give you numbers for the beginner level play.

Solo play:

10-20 minutes to complete mission

70% chance to completely run out of ammo during the mission even with "additional ammo" mods. Not a fun third-person shooter game when you can't actually shoot.

1000 credits bonus for completion

Online play:

5 minutes to complete mission (sometimes you can even join the game that is seconds left to be finished)

Ammo never runs out

1300 credit bonus for completion.

So if you want some credits (and newbie players would want them - for guns and stuff), it is five times more effective to play with others. And not just that - again, it's really hard to have any fun when it feels like the game punishes you for your way of playing.

Suggestion: Scale the number of enemies to the numbers of players. Stop the respawning on solo play when the player has low ammo. Give mission bonus according to the amount of time you spend in that mission. Give people at least some reason to stay solo if they want to.

Problem: Waiting timers. Every time you start a level, you need to wait 5 seconds before it starts. I can see this as a "get ready" signal for the group, but why have that on solo?

Also, every time you finish the mission, you watch the "fly out" animation and wait 10 seconds to return to main menu. Is there a reason for that timer other than just wasting player's time? Because these timers clearly show they don't take loading times into account.

Suggestion: Less waiting timers where possible.

Problem: Default game settings. In this game you have to be a "setting expert" since it looks like the default settings don't get into account your PC performance. By default (experienced on 2 PCs), FOV is too low, brightness is too low, menu sensitivity never coincides well with ingame sensitivity, every "effect" is on, which makes the game have 5-10 FPS in big battles. (note, this happened before the open beta phase)

Suggestions: Better PC performance recognition. Experimentate with default settings. Remember, no matter what you put there, 90% of software/videogame users use default settings.

Edited by 86com

New player here with my take on your points:

2. I'm still new, so the radio talk doesn't bother me.

3. Couldnt agree more. Third person shooters have lots of problems already, but this is one problem that most games have solved.

4. It is beta afterall :) If you care enough to come to the forums to post screens, you prolly care enough to use forum search.

As for #5 being more -efficient-, yes, its much more efficient. But, playing solo is a lot more fun though (so far, I just started played a couple days ago). Playing in a group presents zero challenge. My first two missions were with groups, and they were completely boring. Before I gave up on the game I figured I would try one solo. Glad I did!

Im sure I'll still play group missions occasionally for faster farming, but having to worry about running out of ammo, or actually dying, makes the gameplay much more fun for me.

6. All the intro movies bug me too. When I wanna shoot stuff, I wanna shoot stuff!

7. IMO, the default settings should prolly be lower. Casual gamers with old computers and gonna think the game runs like crap. I was trying the Defiance beta today, and their default resolution was really low. Prolly a smart idea.

2. You eventually tune it out. I swear!

3. I don't know.... I just run to a new location with a better view to reevalute.

4. Dear god I suffer from the same problem, especially since I STILL can't find my Warframe folder on my hard drive. Where the hell is it anyways....

5. Melee. You simply have to use all resources available to you and that's 1/4 of it (skills, long gun, side arm, melee weapon).

5. What's your point... Tennos by lore work in a cell group of 4.

6. Spacebar. Click. Spacebar again. Click again. Works for assassination target cutscenes as well.

7. Wouldn't know, the only settings I modified were keybindings. Everything else seemed fine for my laptops and desktops.

6. Spacebar. Click. Spacebar again. Click again. Works for assassination target cutscenes as well.

Yes, intro movies can be skipped by that, but I'm talking more about the actual timer at the top that says "5 seconds to start" right after you select the mission. It could make sense for online play, but not for solo.

Also, "outtro" movies (the long 10 second ones) can't be skipped by space.

5 seconds in case you misclicked and started the countdown for the wrong mission. The "get ready" signal for groups is actually 60 seconds once the vote is triggered, and then the 5 second pre-mission timer starts.

I've never seen one of these "outtro" movies. What mission has that?

5 seconds in case you misclicked and started the countdown for the wrong mission. The "get ready" signal for groups is actually 60 seconds once the vote is triggered, and then the 5 second pre-mission timer starts.

Oh, didn't think about misclicking. Well, it makes sense then.

I've never seen one of these "outtro" movies. What mission has that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fst79XQdfMQ

15:20 - 15:40

I have those every mission.