Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Furax: We Can Rebuild Them!

DuWryght

The only somewhat redeeming quality is the finisher, but alas, the weapon to so slow and weak it should never be made ever (even to accomplish the challenge). I made it because of the error where when you cap a weapon, you won't get the challenge credit until you gain a level in the same type of weapon. Of course, I should have stuck with the Ankyros because I'm forma-ing my Kogakes... which means that as I level my kogake, I should get the credit for 3 master rank fisties.

But these Furax... you might as well have the Powerfist attack animation (would be kinda of exciting). They are slow, very very weak, the charge attack is very sad (the kogake and the Obex knockdown which I thought was default for all fisties). The sliding attack is the worst sliding attack I've found in this game. I initially reserved that for staffs (poor Bo), but no the Furax (and I'm sure Ankyros) take the cake. You get a dismal speed boost followed up with the silliest punch next to an undercut (opposite of an uppercut).

I really don't see these things being viable in any scenario. Granted, fistie type weapons aren't the best (meaning that if you choose to make them, you are choosing to make this game harder on yourself)... but the fist/foot weapons are somewhat viable (Obex can smear Corpus while Kogake has a bit more versatility). It shouldn't be the case that we have a class of weapons that are there for cool factor, but aren't practical or at the very least make up for their short falls.

What I would suggest is the following.

1. Change the sliding attack animation with the wall attack 'a la Superman punch'. Make fist weapon sliding attack always knockdown. Or you can have the warframe do a tackle (shoulder tackle or diving, doesn't matter). Works the same way.

2.Make the wall attack (that no one ever uses) a double-fist, barrel roll dive. Or make them shoot a ground wave similar to Axel in Streets of rage when he ran and drug his knuckle on the ground to do a running uppercut). You can leave this move alone as well if you don't switch the superman dive to the sliding attack. You can also ignore this as, again, no one uses this attack.

3. Up the status to 30% and up the crit to 25%

4. Change the dmg to change dmg type. Make these 3/20/0 (impact/puncture/slash). Make the Ankyros 20/0/3 or 3/0/20.

5. Give the last hit in the standard combo small, AoE properties (aka, a spinning backfist).

6. Change the charge attack. I suggest have a ground slam (punched the ground after taking a few steps forward). The range would be smaller than the aeriel ground slam and the properties could be knockback. Or, have a gadoken type move (short range hadoken from street fighter). These properties could be the same as the spinning heel kick (obex/kogake charge attack). OR OR, unleash a strong 3-hit combo that if it kills it ragdolls enemies.

I think this will give them at least a shot at being less of a pain to level along with having more use in standard play. As of right now, I have 0 incentive to use them over the Kogake which is better in the majority of ways. While I understand that they are lowbie weapons, there is no reason to make these over all the others. I would keep my skana over this especially since if you decide to fight the corpus with the furax, you are dooming yourself to their lasers far before you get in range with its silly sliding attack.

I hope this is useful.

#chargeattacks

Sorry, but that's all I really have to say. I know Furax lack in range, and their normal melee attacks are pretty weak, but the charge attack has plenty of damage, only seconded by heavy melee. The animation is fast and simple, too. I think the Furax will find their place come Melee 2.0.

#chargeattacks

Sorry, but that's all I really have to say. I know Furax lack in range, and their normal melee attacks are pretty weak, but the charge attack has plenty of damage, only seconded by heavy melee. The animation is fast and simple, too. I think the Furax will find their place come Melee 2.0.

With it targeting one enemy and having no other properties than it's pretty sad attack dmg, it's really a moot point of it's a point at all. Obex/kogake can knockdown and do a ground finisher for vastly more damage. I don't feel like using the Furax for standard charge attacks is very effective, but I suppose it would be more effective than using the standard combo. I opt for air slam to ground finisher is it's far safer at any distance.

Wait tell Melee 2.0 my friend.

While always a great reply, I would at least like feedback on my suggestions.If the properties don't change for this weapon in 2.0, but the damage does (no way they would go for a nerf...) this weapons will still be outclassed by everything. Someone wrote in one of the many "buff bow" threads that the bow is her for SWAG (which I'm not sure if people know what it means...). Fist weapons are here for that.Groping attacks?

While I am eagerly awaiting 2.0, just in case the devs hadn't known, these little fisties could use some TLC.