Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Theres A Resource Reward In An Alert....

StoneColdKiller

You know "mauvetext"? As in, the automated alert notifications that pop up in your chat? It seems those actually display the amount of resources rewarded. I agree that it could also show in the alert menu, since sometimes you just miss the chat in-game.

At later levels, there's absolutely no use for anything that isn't an orokin cell, forma, or Neural sensor. There's been major suggestions to add something to sink excess junk into, but there's been nothing yet.

Currently, I can make about 3 battle-class cruisers out of solid Ferrite :|
Alternatively, I can make a miniature Rubedo sun.

I can use control modules as lego's, and build myself a castle.
Yeah, I'll do that....

At later levels, there's absolutely no use for anything that isn't an orokin cell, forma, or Neural sensor. There's been major suggestions to add something to sink excess junk into, but there's been nothing yet.

Currently, I can make about 3 battle-class cruisers out of solid Ferrite :|

Alternatively, I can make a miniature Rubedo sun.

I can use control modules as lego's, and build myself a castle.

Yeah, I'll do that....

What about nanospores?

What about nanospores?

Currently building an army to invade the Beta Secto-I mean, uh...

Funding ongoing stem-cell replication research for cancer patients.

Yeah, we'll go with that.

Anyway, you'll notice that there are Alot of items that currently use a large sum of nano spores in their construction, where they usually don't make much sense. This was because people had so many of these darn things, DE just threw it in there as a placeholder. Play the game for a week, and you'll have all the common resources you'll need.

And this kind of hurts the economy of items. Yeah, you never ever need any more, but it becomes more of a diluted mix of junk rather than a shopping list at that point. And I feel that this doesn't tie into the rigorous effort put into acquiring new gear. Want to make a new warframe? Reach into your bin labeled "junk", load up a dump truck with the refuse from your ever-expanding landfills of battle loot.

Oh, and you have to wait 3 days for throwing a handful of junk into a factory.

The only resource that I've ever had fun getting was orokin cells, Polymer bundles, and neural sensors. Two of which are supposed to be rare, the other I just use alot of. And farming Polymer bundles actually GIVES me a reason to do something. (Orokin cells are more of a pain in the arse)

This also ruins the value of "rare" items. By flooding drops so much with rare drops, things like Gallium, morphics, neurodes, And soon to be Oxium, these components lose all their worth. Let me demonstrate:

"Oh no! Our planet is being overrun with infestation, and we are entirely powerless to stop it! Quick, call the Tenno, They can help us!"

"We need your help to fend off these monsters! Will you accept our payment? We can offer is Gallium as a reward for your efforts."

(>.>)

Early on, a resource is in high demand, and is valuable. You will have incentive to farm this resource to meet your needs. Once those needs are met, and there are no consistand demands for it, well, it just piles up. And piles up. Then you have on your hands a silent dilemma. while on the one hand, you will never again need this resource, there's no reason to farm it. And when 70% of all of your resources end up like this, it's easy to see how only a few items retain their value, while everything else becomes fodder.

*Depicting "FUN" as engaging and challenging

*EDIT*

Didn't think this was going to be THIS long. Thanks for reading.

Made you look!

Edited by Natesky9

Circuits & Polymer bundle is what i need the most. They aren't classified as 'rare' resource, so i would usually go for them. It's 1500 per alert. Not an amount you can get just from any game modes (even endless defense unless you reach high levels).