The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person View Toggle Button

DeadPixel

They could do a basic feux first person perspective like every other shooter.

FPS's almost never use the third person models and animations in the first person camera with the exception being the arma series.

Anytime an AoE power is used the camera can pull back out to avoid too much animation work -- similar to halo assassinations.

It's doable, though it'd be gimping your spacial awareness, and it's the devs call as to what the identity of the game will remain.

As I said in my other post, there are games that have made it work, but they were designed for that from the very start and didn't have the same shooter aspects as Warframe.

Well for Warframe it would just be something for the novelty of it, quite frankly. Just something cool you can just mess around with. Maybe take some cool screenshots and make cool videos. It doesn't take much of any effort to just attach the camera to the location of your frame's eyes and have it remain in the same spot during flips and stuff so you don't get disoriented. The OP, nor anyone else really sounds like they want this as a viable play style or anything. Just a fun feature that we can have a lot of fun with and doesn't take much of any effort to add unless they have the code set up in a goofy way that makes it take more effort.

Well for Warframe it would just be something for the novelty of it, quite frankly. Just something cool you can just mess around with. Maybe take some cool screenshots and make cool videos. It doesn't take much of any effort to just attach the camera to the location of your frame's eyes and have it remain in the same spot during flips and stuff so you don't get disoriented. The OP, nor anyone else really sounds like they want this as a viable play style or anything. Just a fun feature that we can have a lot of fun with and doesn't take much of any effort to add unless they have the code set up in a goofy way that makes it take more effort.

If it was just something for fun that nobody would use seriously then I don't see it as being worth their time, that's just me.

About the feature being easy to implement, this is the same developer that directly linked screen shake and recoil. Never know what other silly things they might have done.

If it was just something for fun that nobody would use seriously then I don't see it as being worth their time, that's just me.

About the feature being easy to implement, this is the same developer that directly linked screen shake and recoil. Never know what other silly things they might have done.

Huh? I did mention the epic screenshots and potential for machinima like videos for it right? And I can see many a person just popping it on for some silly fun really. Using it for curiosity of what some things look like in that perspective, etc. I'd see a decent amount of people using it. Not every has to be used "seriously" or consistently. MANY a game adds things like that just for fun and flexibility. It's those extra touches and nods towards the players that makes them more special. 

And lol, indeed.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Imagine: You are looking at a wall you are running to, camera shaking from sprinting. You then run up the wall, quickly looking up at where you are going. Then you do a backflip, whip out zorens, swing them, causing yourself to spin, and fly across a room. Then you charge your Ogris and blind your sensors. 

Or, you slash dash and your vision becomes a energy-color blur as you move, or you sound quake and only see ripples. Worse yet, null star, with little orbs obstructing vision every few seconds. You need those visual queues to check how you are. blessing runs out? You can't look at your chest to see if you're twinkling.