Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Mod Equality

Skaleek

Since damage 2.0, i think its fair to say the 4 base elements (heat, toxin, cold, and electric) are all roughly equivalent. I also know that this topic has been discussed before, but I feel because it appears to be an easy fix, that I will bring it to light again.

I believe all elemental mods should have the same cost/damage. For example, the melee electric mod, shocking touch, costs 11 points fully leveled but only gives 10% damage per level, while fever strike and molten impact give 15%. North wind suffers from the same issue. Either all four should give 10%/lvl, or all four should give 15%/lvl.

For rifle mods, all four mods add 90% damage, but cryo rounds cost 2 points less than the other 3 elements. This should be changed. Pistol and shotgun mods suffer from similar issue and Im sure most if not all experienced players know of which mods i speak.

Please bring equality to all the elemental mods. Also, it would be great if you could change the cold mods to be a bar polarity instead of a D polarity, but that is more of a suggestion and not on the topic of equality per-say.

Thanks,

Skaleek

. Also, it would be great if you could change the cold mods to be a bar polarity instead of a D polarity, but that is more of a suggestion and not on the topic of equality per-say.

If we do that, D polarities for weapons only have the status mods left. Might aswell just remove that polarity entirely from weapons since you normally wont use 'Defense' mods on weapons.

Agreed, especially when you consider Focus Energy gives the same Elec boost as Shocking touch, for 2 less points, AND increases charge speed.

Compare that to Wildfire which boosts heat 30% less than Hellfire, but gives extra mag capacity.

All the elemental mods need a tidy up.

Edited by Egg_Chen

I believe all elemental mods should have the same cost/damage. For example, the melee electric mod, shocking touch, costs 11 points fully leveled but only gives 10% damage per level, while fever strike and molten impact give 15%. North wind suffers from the same issue. Either all four should give 10%/lvl, or all four should give 15%/lvl.

Please bring equality to all the elemental mods. Also, it would be great if you could change the cold mods to be a bar polarity instead of a D polarity, but that is more of a suggestion and not on the topic of equality per-say.

No, this isn't a good suggestion. They all have different costs for a reason. And they also have different polarities for a reason too.

Mods like Wildfire are technically upgrades on the original, as it adds a bonus benefit while only adding a fraction of the original damage

No, this isn't a good suggestion. They all have different costs for a reason. And they also have different polarities for a reason too.

Mods like Wildfire are technically upgrades on the original, as it adds a bonus benefit while only adding a fraction of the original damage

Care to venture the reason that shocking touch gives 60% total and molten impact gives 90% total? Something more original than "there is a reason", please. My post was not in regards to nightmare mods, it was in regards to flat elemental mods that provide the exact same functionality for different costs. The Polarity request was something on the side, that was personal preference, please read my post more closely.

Edited by Skaleek

The D polarities on weapons is a somewhat separate issue.

If anything, there needs to be MORE D polarities for weapons, that offer utility. In fact, there need to be more mods that offer something other than straight damage. 

Status mods, and cold damage are the only ones that require benefit from D polarity slots. I think there should be more out there to give diversity.

They should either raise all the elemental damage mods to 90% and cost 11 points, or lower all to 60% and make them cost 9 points. Changing polarities  is a different conversation. 

Good luck making them. Something this small isn't going to get their attention. Don't like it? Don't use them