Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide To Health, Shield, And Maybe Damage Into Update 7

Ferriwind

First thing I recommend you to do is to farm missions for a Shield Card and Health Card.

- Vitality(Health Card) - This is the easier of the two to find, imo. I first found the health card from Raid and Spy rewards. These missions give you rewards when you pass it AND when you die and fail it. Rewards include but are not limited to Ammo Drum, Ammo Boxes(gear), Fast Redirection, and the desired Vitality. Vitality is a bit more rare reward, maybe dropping more in infested missions.

Vitality gives +50% health per rank.

- Redirection(Shield Card) - This card requires a bit more grinding to get. I've found it two times or more by farming Tyl Regor. He'll drop Redirection as well as a multitude of other cards, so you'll have to try a couple times.After you find these cards, try to upgrade them to at least rank 3. You'll have about 200-300 of each shield and health depending on the base values of your frame. It seems to me that Uncommon Rank 1 Fusion Cores work the best for the fusion prices, so try those. If you have duplicates you should use those to fuse first.

Redirection gives +40% shields per rank.

- Damage Build - Right now the most efficient basic damage build that I've found is +Damage, +Crit Chance, and +Crit Damage. Know that stacking Damage and Crit Damage together increases the crit damage you do by a lot even if the crit damage percentage is not extraordinary. You can also use multishot mods, it's especially strong with Shotguns...

- Pistols have +20% Damage per rank, +5% Crit Chance per rank, +10% Crit Damage per rank, +20% Multishot per rank(confirmed).

- Rifles have +10% Damage per Rank, +7.5% Crit Chance per rank, +10% Crit Damage per rank, +10% Multishot per rank.

- Shotguns have +15% Damage per rank, +10 Crit Damage per rank, +15% Fire rate per rank, +20% Multishot per rank.

- Melee has 7% Damage per rank, +5% Crit Chance per rank, +15% Crit Damage per rank.

All elemental damage seems to be +10%-15% per rank. Also elemental damage should stack on normal damage increase, so it's still a valid consistent damage build. It just doesn't have the extra base 150% crit damage(I believe this is higher on Zoren and Fang but not sure if that's crit chance or crit damage or both) to stack with crit damage cards. Of course, you also need crit chance. Still you have 8 slots to customize your build.

Edited by Stygi

Braton as well as other weapons that do not ignore or pierce armor do very little damage to heavily armor foes(i c what u did ther) so you need armor piercing mods for them. They must be incredibly rare tho, since I've only found a +15% shotgun ap mod... You'll probably see a lot more damage gain against corpus and infested or low armor grineer.

I have 30% damage, on my baton and I literally do 0/1 more damage to armor, and 4 more to head on heavily armored bros. Took it off.

A Braton's base damage is 17. 30% increase of that is pretty much around 5.

Edited by Zetalleon

I have a rank 2 Point Strike, +22.4 Crit chance, on my Paris and it works very well. It's pretty noticable since Paris is one-shot, reload, repeat, and does insanely high ap damage.

I have a +40% damage card and a +20% Crit damage card and I do:

- normal charged shots - 140 damage, 252 damage on crits

- head charged shots - 280 damage, 504 damage on crits

That means crit damage mods stack multiplicatively on the base crit damage multiplier. So instead of additive, 150% + 20%, it uses 150% + 30%(150% * 0.20). Of course, this is dependent on getting your crits off.

A Braton's base damage is 17. 30% increase of that is pretty much around 5.

Pretty much correct, it's actually 16. But he said 4 extra damage on headshots so that's double the damage. I'm just saying he shouldn't use Braton on Grineer maps unless he has an armor piercing card. :)

Edited by Stygi