Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes

Black-Foxx

So I haven't been on here since I think Thanksgiving and if they changed this at all then great because I never understood why a standard frame and its prime version are separate.  The Prime Version of a frame should be an upgrade, requiring you to have the original frame first.  That way you wouldn't have to have a prime and regular version of a warframe.......just saying  

Having Primes be created by upgrading the regular would make no sense lore wise.

The Primes are the originals.

I understand that however it makes owning a prime warframe pointless because their is no real gain in having one.   Why would I want to use a prime if I have already upgraded my original frame 4 or more times.  I love my ember and I love the way Ember Prime looks, but I would never use the Prime version because I think I have used like six taters on my ember.  Plus the lore doesn't say anything about the parts scattered and you have to assemble them to get a frame.

I understand that however it makes owning a prime warframe pointless because their is no real gain in having one.   Why would I want to use a prime if I have already upgraded my original frame 4 or more times.  I love my ember and I love the way Ember Prime looks, but I would never use the Prime version because I think I have used like six taters on my ember.  Plus the lore doesn't say anything about the parts scattered and you have to assemble them to get a frame.

The point is aesthetics, mastery points, and bragging rights. Plus, it still just goes against lore (and logic) to transform the copy into the original.

The point is aesthetics, mastery points, and bragging rights. Plus, it still just goes against lore (and logic) to transform the copy into the original.

Yeah aesthetics, mastery points, and bragging rights don't really add up to a hill of beans in combat.  Plus why brag about the prime that is no better at all than the non-prime frame.  Logically speaking if you have all the flare and pretty colors in combat...the enemy will notice you first.  Technically if it's a copy................it's pretty much the same as the original.  Again the lore says nothing about the frames being split up like the tri-force.