Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception Game Mode

Regar

I'v played some matches with a couple of friends today, we found it extremely slow and boring

there are small group ef enemies attacking the towers, the distance from one to another tower prevents you to fully aquire the xp from enemy kills in order to protect all the towers

there is a lot of downtime from one attack to another, the enemies more then a threat are considered a nuisance

i think that i'll look for the aura and then forget about em forever

i'm sorry but i have no suggestion to make this game mode more appealing, it's just boring and i think that it doesn't suit warframe that much 

i'll keep playing it, maybe i'll change my mind somehow

Greetings, Regar

I rather like it, honestly. 

My only suggestions would be to extend the xp share range,  not enough to cover the entire map, but enough to get xp from the 2 closest towers at least.

The enemies themselves should not be too difficult, as the ideal situation leaves one player per tower.  But it really does need a boost right now, at least early game.

just spam a bunch of tesla and wait

could try cuz normally i use vauban after once in a blue moon, and i didnt put any health,shield or armor mod for it to survive...so yeah i was thinking to remove tesla and bounce in return instead...but using it for this mission gives me more confusion.

Yes but not because of challenge it is hard to solo cause the enemies can capture more than one point at a time were as you can only capture one when solo.

When I tried to solo it I could not keep more than two points at a time.

yeah that's the problem, taking out enemies is piece of cake, but the problem only comes in number of people controlling per node at the same time makes it their obvious win without bringing a group and soloing it the whole mission up...This is the only mission in warframe that i still can't complete it in solo regardless of levels i face...

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

The enemy is too random in their attacks, like... they throw in 5 marines to cap A, 5 at B, and another 5 at D all the time. All it takes is to place 1 player at each point and "solo" the incoming cannon fodder... 

I'd like to test something like... more "focused" attacks. Why not make them attack in larger groups and more often with a "Leader" that is almost "boss" hard to kill? And let them focus 2 waves at 1 capture point or run at 2 points (but not 3 or 4). That way it would be needed to have more than 1 player at a point but not necessary to have someone at each point All the time.

If there had been a "super heavy" unit or a "tank" of some kind that could be something worth teaming up for in order to fend it off. Then the team would have to gather up at least partially to fend off a "real threat" instead of going solo at a node. 

The capture mechanism is also a little too fast imo. Not the way They capture but the way the Players capture... it's too easy. Let us do it like them, hack a console (hard one preferably, not sure how to balance Cipher here though if a classical puzzle is used...) to recapture or at least slow the timer so it would be really Bad to lose it. Right now you can just run back and forth an recapture them in no-time.

Edited by Spartan086

The enemy is too random in their attacks, like... they throw in 5 marines to cap A, 5 at B, and another 5 at D all the time. All it takes is to place 1 player at each point and "solo" the incoming cannon fodder... 

I'd like to test something like... more "focused" attacks. Why not make them attack in larger groups and more often with a "Leader" that is almost "boss" hard to kill? And let them focus 2 waves at 1 capture point or run at 2 points (but not 3 or 4). That way it would be needed to have more than 1 player at a point but not necessary to have someone at each point All the time.

If there had been a "super heavy" unit or a "tank" of some kind that could be something worth teaming up for in order to fend it off. Then the team would have to gather up at least partially to fend off a "real threat" instead of going solo at a node. 

The capture mechanism is also a little too fast imo. Not the way They capture but the way the Players capture... it's too easy. Let us do it like them, hack a console (hard one preferably, not sure how to balance Cipher here though if a classical puzzle is used...) to recapture or at least slow the timer so it would be really Bad to lose it. Right now you can just run back and forth an recapture them in no-time.

this might put in some use the "hard hacking consoles" that can be found in the mastery rank trial ..i will also like to visually see on the hud where the specific attack with commanders and stuff happen

I like the approach of a more dynamic game mode but there is much to be done until its a really good one. But I really wanna encourage DE to improve it since it has lots of potential.

Solo players can have it hard. Thats one thing. That problem could get adressed by having a dynamic active tower count that is set to 2 when the online setting is set to "solo". Or make it dynamic and make the active tower count increase / decrease depending on how many players are actually playing in the same game.

That being said the actualy 4 player co-op experience is pretty lacking.

The gamemode encourages players to split up. 4 towers and 4 players, makes sense right?

Problems occure when thinking about sharing affinity with your team mates. Which is not possible. I really believe the affinity share range restriction has to go in this game mode. Encouraging players to split up but then punishing them by reducing, or worse, removing the gaineds shared affinity is not only contradicting but it also makes the game mode a no go right now when compared to defense or survival.

When that is getting fixed I would like to ask for an increase of enemy spawn rate and spawn count near each tower as well. Right now there is one player sitting at one tower and everyone gets to kill a handful of enemies each turn. Its not challenging and with a decent team (that don't die and don't go wander off or both) towers are not getting contested.

Pretty boring and stale gameplay right now.

The mission rewards are not that enouraging as well. So far I always got ammo mods and fusion cores offered. Bad rewards that don't stack (thats subject to change I hope).

All in all. The ground work seems to be done but some numbers needs to get adjusted.

I was actually thinking about adding more towers to encourage a more dynamic and mobile gameplay. If you combine that with a smart AI that groups up in large numbers and attacks 1 random tower every wave that could encourage a really fast and dynamic gameplay that requires some team coordination.

What I would like to see is that this gamemode enourages players to group up and defend every tower in a combined team effort against large waves of enemies that attack a single random tower every wave with multiple waves each turn. It would be a even more dynamic defense mode tha "mobile" defense that requires the team to react to a real enemy threat.