Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Extermination Missions

SarNati

Extermination missions are great for soloing or for leveling lowbie stuff.  When I just want something simpler to do, i'll run these types.  The missions themselves make sense as well, simply cleansing a ship of whatever the problem organism is.  That said, I've always thought the Infestation Extermination missions needed something.  If stuff is growing all over the ship, and its converted the remains off all the previous inhabitants, whats to keep them from reanimating the corpses after we've left?

I suggest that there should be a central organism, a hive/brain/hatchery of some sort at the heart of infested exterminate missions.  This heart will keep pumping out more infested until it is destroyed. So extermination missions become two fold.  First destroy the heart, then eliminate all remaining infested.  This stops the infestation from continuing and says basically "without the heart and active infested, the remaining tendrils will die off." This heart could have specialized defenses.  Like the Golem boss heads but static and smaller.  So you get into the "Heart" room and you have these 3 fixed stalks that defend the heart.  Basically, this would be similar to the old sabotage missions, except specific to infested, and would add spice to otherwise simple "wander around and find the stragglers" type mission.

What do you think?

TLDR: Give exterminate missions a central heart with defenses that spawn infested until destroyed, then clear remaining enemies.