The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Feedback

BoomstickJohnson

So I bought Zephyr on day one and have since gotten her to 30 and polarized her once. Playing around with her for a good amount of time, I'd say I have a pretty good feel for this frame. As such, I'd like to provide my feedback as well as creating a thread for any general feedback on Zephyr.

Basic Stats - I've read other people say she is squishy, yet I've found it to be the complete opposite. While definitely not the tankiest frame, Zephyr has a very good shield and health pool, 450 each, unmodded. Her armor is completely lacking, but I feel this suits her - birds aren't the most durable of creatures. Her speed is decent enough, especially considering her mobility power. Her energy pool is the basic 150 (300 with Flow), which I feel is appropriate considering her shields and health. Polarities are good as well. 

Abilities:

Tail Wind - Fantastic at what it does, which is mobility. The minor damage added is a nice touch, though I don't think it is enough to justify a 25 energy cost. I believe it should be lowered, though not to the same level as Super Jump - maybe 15 or 20.

Dive Bomb - Probably my least used skill, it doesn't work very well. While I've read this is a bug from other people, I don't really see it hitting many enemies. On top of which, when it does hit enemies, it's pretty weak. Tail Wind actually does better damage. Needs to be tweaked.

Turbulence - Actually a pretty decent shield, often reflects bullets away - more often than not. Despite what other people have said, it does work on Grineer hitscan. Adds more survivability, don't expect to be tanking large groups of high levels though. Also looks awesome. 

Tornado - By far one of my favorite powers in the game, Tornado works extremely well. The damage and CC is extremely useful, especially on survival or defense. The elemental application is fantastic and I hope to see this mechanic in the future. I feel like it should be able to be modded to either spawn more or larger twisters, but isn't really necessary. My only complaint is that it throws loot around like the Ignis stream used to, only on a much larger scale.

Side note, because Zephyr is light and falls slower than other frames, it is much harder to trigger Heavy Impact - please work around this DE.

So what does everyone else think about Zephyr?

I think she should get a quick rework fast, i mean its not bad but her 1 - 3 skills are just other warframe skills, but ''better'' (?)

I agree with the dive, and tail wind thingy, its just too much energy, i think her abillities need some rework..

im loving the 4th abillity though, good job DE.. something original for a change..

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

I haven't used ti much yet, but Dive Bomb seemed to allow you to skip the 'stuck landing' animation where the frame is stunned in a crouch position for a moment while it recovers. That could be viewed as both an offensive and defensive gain on a lot of tiles, especially if you're the aeronautically inclined type that would be attracted to Zephyr in the first place.

I like how Turbulence blocks your view. Yeah, that's right, I said it. Not because I don't like being able to see, that's actually one of my pet peves in game design. I like it blocking the view because now people will pick low density dark colors for her so it doesn't obscure their vision, and thus their Tornadoes won't obscure mine BECAUSE THEY SET THEM TO NEON MOTHERFRAKKING PINK.

I haven't used ti much yet, but Dive Bomb seemed to allow you to skip the 'stuck landing' animation where the frame is stunned in a crouch position for a moment while it recovers. That could be viewed as both an offensive and defensive gain on a lot of tiles, especially if you're the aeronautically inclined type that would be attracted to Zephyr in the first place.

Yes, but using Tail Wind does the same with the choice to add direction and do a bit of damage, so there is no real reason to use dive bomb.

I like how Turbulence blocks your view. Yeah, that's right, I said it. Not because I don't like being able to see, that's actually one of my pet peves in game design. I like it blocking the view because now people will pick low density dark colors for her so it doesn't obscure their vision, and thus their Tornadoes won't obscure mine BECAUSE THEY SET THEM TO NEON MOTHERFRAKKING PINK.

Good point.^^

And I actually like the idea of an ability having a drawback for the user.

Yes, but using Tail Wind does the same with the choice to add direction and do a bit of damage, so there is no real reason to use dive bomb.

Tail Wind doesn't go down, only glides and jumps up. If your Tail Wind ends up in the air you will still stick the landing like any other terrestrial Tenno would.

Tail wind goes wherever you aim it after you're in the air.  You can bypass the getting stuck upon landing by just crouch sliding to your ground. Graceful landing.

The only change I would propose (well, besides making Dive Bomb work) is for Tail Wind's usability.

Using Tail Wind would be easier, or a little more tactical if using it from a crouch functioned the same way when you're jumping. This would allow less awkward mechanics...the jump hopping to go forward isn't smooth. Its not a live or die feature by any means, but I feel its a little thing that would go a long way to using 

Dive bomb does seem buggy as hell. I'm yet to see it do any damage or knock anyone down. A little disappointing.

Also why the hell is Tornado doing Magnetic damage? I figured it's base damage damage would be slash, and then it would attain the element shot at it. Instead I'm seeing magnetic procs everywhere and it's ignoring the corrosive slag I'm shooting at it. A little confused here.