Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Expect Remodeled Warframes In The Future?

SuperShifty

I say make Excalibur and Nyx colorable, just because about 30% of them now aren't, and that really sucks...

Color all of Nyx black, and you'll see most of her back and front is still grey.

Other then that, I say leave them as is.

The Immortal Skins remedied that problem Excaliber and Nyx were having, now those 2 are probably the most colorful and detailed of all the frames.

Now not one portion of their bodies are one solid color thanks to the Immortal Skins.

Edited by __Kanade__

Minky (is that how it is spelt?) confirmed in the last devstream that the warframe models will not be changing, and he likes them the way they are. this is arguably unfortunate, because of the infamous lobster tail

I saw a livestream where the designer of Ash said he would love to rework it. 

And please, after seeing banshee next to Zephyr, she definitively need a rework ! Ash too ! Mag could need some lifting too...

Edited by HurricaneBones

Minky (is that how it is spelt?) confirmed in the last devstream that the warframe models will not be changing, and he likes them the way they are. this is arguably unfortunate, because of the infamous lobster tail

It's nice to have a different art style but I don't think they are under appreciated because of it.

The three most in need of a remake are Banshee, Saryn and Trinity. In my opinion each looks awkward. Banshee is highly asymmetrical with strange proportions and a lack of detail. Saryn is an ambitious design but too bulky and lacks form, she doesn't recolor well either. Trinity lacks detail and has the out of place lobster tail

Edited by Fuzzykat

I recall him saying something about Trinity but that's it.

Regardless I'm sure Mynki is a fan of his work as he should be, but the community is what helped shape this game into it's near 6 million player base that it is today and I think that if enough of us want it than he and the other artists should definitely take a second look at the older models and consider polishing them up a bit.

They need some of that love the new guys are getting.

It's nice to have a different art style but I don't think they are under appreciated because of it.

The three most in need of a remake are Banshee, Saryn and Trinity. In my opinion each looks awkward. Banshee is highly asymmetrical with strange proportions and a lack of detail. Saryn is an ambitious design but too bulky and lacks form, she doesn't recolor well either. Trinity lacks detail and has the out of place lobster tail

I think Saryn is beautiful, Trinity is meh, the lobster tail needs to be revamped into something more slick and Banshee is the one who truly needs a full rework.

The most detail Banshee has are the wrinkles in between her legs (hah) that make it seem like she's wearing some old latex jump suit, and her specular maps are rather bland, she looks plastic.

I don't respect Mynki as an artist because he doesn't take any suggestions the community has into perspective, much less consider any of them at all. A good artist ( whether it's an artist for a video game or not ) takes the criticism and either makes changes or learns from what was praised and what was shackled with bad reviews, Mynki does neither.

He makes what he thinks looks good regardless of what the rest of us think and doesn't take suggestions on what can be improved, he throws all that out the window, while the rest of DE does nothing but soak up all of our suggestions, even taking suggestions from the chat during livestreams. I can respect the rest of DE as developers and wanting to share the game with us by making it our ( DE included ) game instead of their game, but not Mynki as an artist.

Which is why it's pointless to point out the flaws in a design be it a frame or not, to Mynki and hope someone else in the art team will take our ideas and suggestions into consideration.

Edited by __Kanade__

I don't respect Mynki as an artist because he doesn't take any suggestions the community has into perspective, much less consider any of them at all. A good artist ( whether it's an artist for a video game or not ) takes the criticism and either makes changes or learns from what was praised and what was shackled with bad reviews, Mynki does neither...

It'd be naive of me to agree with this but I didn't like his response to everyone's problem with Trinity's 'lobster tail' on the stream being, "I don't see anything wrong with it so I won't be making any changes." Emphasizing the "I", he really should give more thought to what the community thinks and not just what he thinks. Edited by SuperShifty