Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I Overdoing This?

Timdog

Question

So i'm pretty new at this, just hit rank 2 this morning, and i just wanted to throw out what mods i have in my warframe. It's the basic exacilber. level 16, NO catalyst/reactor (no platinum, i was dumb and spent it on something else (detailed my shame in another post)). Right now i have +200% shield, +15% fast recharge on the shield, +50% health, +10% armor and level 4 slash and dash. It's great for not dying and all, I basically just run up and shoot people in the face with my shotgun, then go choppy while i'm out of ammo, but It's not "wow". I tried some other things but all the power effects don't seem to really matter much to slash and dash, unless i'm not understanding them right. Any thoughts on anything more fun, or just keep packing the survivability and doing what i'm doing?

9 answers to this question

basically you are doin everything right timdog.

If you are in shotgun range youre almost in melee range, try to kill more fellas with melee attack so you always have some spare ammo when you need it.

Other frame mods you might find useful would include

-Melee Dmg (if they still exist)

-Sprint Speed (Sprint Speed FTW!!! single most useful mod out there imho)

-Max Power

Optional Mods - nice to have but not really necessary

-Power Efficency

-Max Stamina

Also, try to level up you shield recharge mod if you find yourself dying more often vs Grineer and Corpus

And regarding the Orokin Potatoes, you can still get one as a Alert reward, though they are pretty rare these days.

p.s. Im jealous for that Shield Capacity mod!

You have a good set of warframe mods which many people would kill for right now. For skills, slash dash and radial javelin are pretty much the excal's best moves. Super jump is useless since you can cover the same distance using jumping tricks. Radial blind is somewhat useful, good for stunning bosses and maybe mobs if you dont have for javelin but you can produce better results with slash dash.

i do have a sprint speed sitting in inventory, it's really worht 6 slots for 5% speed? Could you explain why it's so good? I'd essentially have to lose the +health and the +armor to put it in (althoguh honestly if i run out of shield, i'm doing it wrong since it's at 300 points now and recharges fast)

Yeah thats the idea, move around quickly enough to not let them deplete all your shields. 5% is worth nothing, but 30% is, i upgraded mine all the way when i got it, then its at 30%, wish i could carry two of them though as im used to 50% Sprint speed from the Pre Update 7 times.

But youll have to get used to playing differently, in my personal oppinion its much more efficient to dodge enemy fire and kill them all with speed while jumping, sprinting, wallwalking and teleporting around rather than walk like a pedestrian and shoot them from a distance and relying on armor and health bar to make it through the level.

What melee weapon do you use?

Another mod to try is stamina recharge, incase you do alot of slide spins and normal attacks so you dont run out for a smooth charge attack (makes a difference, wouldn't want to get punched of knocked down by a lancer, but it depends on the weapon you're using, which you left out). I found 2 copies of stamina recharge so i got it to 60% recharge for a cheap amount, and its pretty much impossible for me to be out of stamina during a fight (even with Zorens)

Max stamina is pretty useless imo, sprint speed is a definite staple, just upgrade that. Even 10% extra is worth it because you can close distance faster (but again it depends on which weapon you're using. Scindo doesn't really need it cause one slide spin wipes out anybody and has high reach, unlike zorens)