Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Suggestions From A New Player.

Cimyr

Hello all Ive been playing Warframe for a day or so now and I wanted to give my thoughts and suggestions on some things. Ive already made a few other posts about things but I thought I might try and make it more concise.

1.) While I understand the need to make your platinum options appealing by making it harder to craft things with blue prints right now things are kind of excessive. AS it stands you must first save up the credits to buy a Warframe Blueprint, Find the other three Blueprints from a boss that you must farm and hope that they drop. Then farm mats to make those three pieces, assuming you start all at the same time it will take 12 hours not including the time spent farming the mats and other blueprints, plus another three days to craft the warframe. This is also not including the extra costs of having to make each piece.

My suggestion would be to either knock a days worth of time off the final Warframe Build Time and make the lesser parts only take 3-6 Hours to build. As far as the drop rates for the blueprints theres not really much I can think of aside from maybe upping the drop rate slightly. Ive heard of how people have gone weeks without a drop.

2.) When doing the test to move up a rank, it should give you an explanation BEFORE going into the exam telling you what that particular exam will have you do in it. I had no idea what my first exam was and I went in completely unprepared and failed. That brings me to the next point, make the cooldown for taking your promotion start if you pass. If you're trying to make it so where people dont simply rank up to max in one day thats fine, but I see no reason to lock a person out for failing the exam. When it happened to me I was simply frustrated that I was stuck waiting 24 hours because I brought the wrong kind of sidearm.

Also it would be helpful to tell players that their Mastery Points will continue to go up even if they didnt pass the promotion test, as I didnt play for a few hours fearing I would be wasting the points as I leveled.

3.) I really dont have the knowledge to go in depth on how to make mods work better, I wont attempt that. Besides many others have given plenty of good input on that already. However if you're set on keeping it the way it is maybe you could add a way to trade mods with other players and/or sell them through some sort of Auction House/Market system.

At the moment Im playing with a friend and she's playing a Volt, she sold most of her mods because at the time she needed some Credits, not really aware that these mods were her Active Skills. As time went on I kept getting Volt mods but they were useless to me. It would have been great if I could have given them to her.

4.) Finally this is regarding a mission type, Defense. Theres nothing really wrong with it per-say but my suggestion would be at the end of a wave, revive the dead players regardless of their daily revives. They'd still be dead weight if they died mid wave with no revives left. Thats how all horde modes work, and thats what Defense is. You've included all but that feature. It gets extremely difficult if something messes up and someone on the team dies, and then for any that die they're left sitting there with nothing to do till you finally fall over and die or decide to leave.

Im loving this game so far and I really hope it becomes successful, and I hope my suggestions help in some way.

Hello all Ive been playing Warframe for a day or so now and I wanted to give my thoughts and suggestions on some things. Ive already made a few other posts about things but I thought I might try and make it more concise.

1.) While I understand the need to make your platinum options appealing by making it harder to craft things with blue prints right now things are kind of excessive. AS it stands you must first save up the credits to buy a Warframe Blueprint, Find the other three Blueprints from a boss that you must farm and hope that they drop. Then farm mats to make those three pieces, assuming you start all at the same time it will take 12 hours not including the time spent farming the mats and other blueprints, plus another three days to craft the warframe. This is also not including the extra costs of having to make each piece.

My suggestion would be to either knock a days worth of time off the final Warframe Build Time and make the lesser parts only take 3-6 Hours to build. As far as the drop rates for the blueprints theres not really much I can think of aside from maybe upping the drop rate slightly. Ive heard of how people have gone weeks without a drop.

2.) When doing the test to move up a rank, it should give you an explanation BEFORE going into the exam telling you what that particular exam will have you do in it. I had no idea what my first exam was and I went in completely unprepared and failed. That brings me to the next point, make the cooldown for taking your promotion start if you pass. If you're trying to make it so where people dont simply rank up to max in one day thats fine, but I see no reason to lock a person out for failing the exam. When it happened to me I was simply frustrated that I was stuck waiting 24 hours because I brought the wrong kind of sidearm.

Also it would be helpful to tell players that their Mastery Points will continue to go up even if they didnt pass the promotion test, as I didnt play for a few hours fearing I would be wasting the points as I leveled.

3.) I really dont have the knowledge to go in depth on how to make mods work better, I wont attempt that. Besides many others have given plenty of good input on that already. However if you're set on keeping it the way it is maybe you could add a way to trade mods with other players and/or sell them through some sort of Auction House/Market system.

At the moment Im playing with a friend and she's playing a Volt, she sold most of her mods because at the time she needed some Credits, not really aware that these mods were her Active Skills. As time went on I kept getting Volt mods but they were useless to me. It would have been great if I could have given them to her.

4.) Finally this is regarding a mission type, Defense. Theres nothing really wrong with it per-say but my suggestion would be at the end of a wave, revive the dead players regardless of their daily revives. They'd still be dead weight if they died mid wave with no revives left. Thats how all horde modes work, and thats what Defense is. You've included all but that feature. It gets extremely difficult if something messes up and someone on the team dies, and then for any that die they're left sitting there with nothing to do till you finally fall over and die or decide to leave.

Im loving this game so far and I really hope it becomes successful, and I hope my suggestions help in some way.

1. This has been discussed over and over since launch and they aren't going to change it so don't waste your breathe :/

2. I see no problem with that. Good suggestion.

3. This is also something we have asked for but will never get because they want you to pay real money for card packs. As far as getting back her skills it could take weeks. we have seen a few suggestions about a warning to pop up when selling either a super rare mod, fusion, or skill card.

4. This is a bad suggestion. If you just revived after every wave people would be wreckless. Also if you are running out of revives often your either doing something wrong or need to just spend $5 on the game. Revives are well priced. Might be the only thing reasonably priced :/

1. This has been discussed over and over since launch and they aren't going to change it so don't waste your breathe :/

2. I see no problem with that. Good suggestion.

3. This is also something we have asked for but will never get because they want you to pay real money for card packs. As far as getting back her skills it could take weeks. we have seen a few suggestions about a warning to pop up when selling either a super rare mod, fusion, or skill card.

4. This is a bad suggestion. If you just revived after every wave people would be wreckless. Also if you are running out of revives often your either doing something wrong or need to just spend $5 on the game. Revives are well priced. Might be the only thing reasonably priced :/

I kind of figured I was mostly beating a dead horse with most of my suggestions, though as far as Number 4 goes I dont know, Im not to worried about people being reckless, honestly from my experience people will be reckless regardless. And they dont tend to revive anyway, though I have no idea if they have no revives left or just dont use them but thats what it seems like most of the time. (Ive only done about 5 Defense missions, getting up to about Wave 10 each time. So I dont have crazy amounts of experience).

It's not something I feel would break the game for me or anyone if they didnt add that in. Just something I thought might make the mode a bit better I guess.

Edited by Cimyr

I kind of figured I was mostly beating a dead horse with most of my suggestions, though as far as Number 4 goes I dont know, Im not to worried about people being reckless, honestly from my experience people will be reckless regardless. And they dont tend to revive anyway, though I have no idea if they have no revives left or just dont use them but thats what it seems like most of the time. (Ive only done about 5 Defense missions, getting up to about Wave 10 each time. So I dont have crazy amounts of experience).

It's not something I feel would break the game for me or anyone if they didnt add that in. Just something I thought might make the mode a bit better I guess.

Once they fix the RNG progression system you will find with a decent team you can face roll defense missions if played right. Best thing to do is make friends when you see effective players. It wouldnt be game breaking no, but the game overall already isn't that difficult so.... lol. We applaud your feedback though.