The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 12.x - Drastic Drop In Performance

xxEvilZedxx

Posted08 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Wow has it been that long since this was first posted? I don't think the game will be going back to how it was. I can see some performance increase but not much. Hopefully I'll be completely wrong.

Actually had a ticket raised for something unrelated to performance and ended up chatting with one of the support guys about it, he was really cool about the issue and explained that they do know about this issues and working to fix them (you know how that goes "we're working on it") but he really seemed to be honest about it, plus Steve mentioned that in U13 we'll all have lots of issue fixes regarding game performance and cpu/gpu usage.

So I completely agree with you in that I can also see some performance increase, but let's give it some time before we think it's not going back to how it was... or maybe I'm just being naive thinking that could happen lol.

Actually had a ticket raised for something unrelated to performance and ended up chatting with one of the support guys about it, he was really cool about the issue and explained that they do know about this issues and working to fix them (you know how that goes "we're working on it") but he really seemed to be honest about it, plus Steve mentioned that in U13 we'll all have lots of issue fixes regarding game performance and cpu/gpu usage.

So I completely agree with you in that I can also see some performance increase, but let's give it some time before we think it's not going back to how it was... or maybe I'm just being naive thinking that could happen lol.

Ah okay. I was just scared that this might have been the future of Warframes performance. Thanks for the info.

The above situation is exactly my case, performance drop, void crash, normal mission crash...etc.

Although I have open a few ticket, but the response is completely useless. Each new ticket just looping the same procedure:

- verify & defrag the download cache

- defrag your HDD

- Complete reinstallation

- Run the check disk

- Run the memory test

- blah blah blah

Continually consuming your time, your energy & your passion, until some recent update fix some problems and make you feel better or you are tired to follow and press down the "Solved" button.

All the verify&defrag moves and others ddiscussed won't help much.... the main reason for poor performance in warframe is tied to poor optimization and poor utilization/programming of the use of cpu threads and such, which was already announced will be tackeld in U13. So don't fret and hang on tight till wednesday's update. 

Earth kills my performance.  And then randomly in other non-Earth maps it drops to 12-20 FPS when I normally get 30-60 FPS.  (30 is very tolerable).

I used to be able to run this game perfectly ...on my old laptop that was worse than my current new laptop.  And it used to run fine on my new laptop too.

So it IS NOT my laptop.  It has to be Warframe - poor optimization, data leaks, too many moving parts across the map (which they said they addressed).

Edited by Lanieu

NbQ7OlT.jpg

Update 7 :

All settings ON
Quality Settings on NVIDIA Control Panel (also 32x CSAA)
Warframe insatlled on mSATA SSD
=> FPS 45-60, 35 when excal uses radial javelin (PhysX problems)

Update 12 :
All Settings OFF
Performace Setting on NVIDIA Control Panel (lastest BETA driver 337.50)
"Warframe.x64.exe" process with real-time priority (by task manager)
Warframe insatlled on mSATA SSD (TRIM Command every day and before every play session)
Anti-virus (Windwos Defender) OFF when i play
Port-forwarding on router and Disabled UPnP

Windows 8.1 Update 1 fresh install
=> FPS 20-37, 10 when there are 20+ enemy on my display or the map is >= medium-sized (50 in solo when I look at the wall and there is nobody in the room -.-")

I'm a university student in IT, I'm also a sysadmin in a small local company, I use Windows and Linux since my 8th birthday (now I'm 20)... so I know how to install windows, do some tweaks and run a f***** game...

I really love this game... Really... But I'm not gooing to buy a 1000€ gaming pc only to play this game at 60 FPS...

Hope on U13

And sorry for my english, I'm italian

EDIT:

Update 13 is live.... Now the void/forest are playable (~34 FPS when there are few enemies), only Color Correction ON... Other maps no fps changes... New maps are like the old void...

Edited by 041.Vento

NbQ7OlT.jpg

Ha ha ha ha...

The Truth

My pc (i know that is really old) an HP HDX laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.4 Ghz and an Nvidia Geforce 130m GT was able to run it smootly (30 - 40 fps) with all effect off(except physx and color correction) when i started to play the game (with my friend 041.Vento) on update 7. Update after update the game start lagging in a terrible way and now Update 12 with all optimization (like Nvidia Control Panel performance settings) and with physx disabled the game run at 10 - 15 FPS with a max of 20 FPS (but is really rare).

I know that i'm a really limit case, my pc is very old (mostly for gaming) and nowadays software houses normally doesn't care about game optimizations making new games only for medium-high end pcs leaving low-end users interacting with static images but the FPS drop in my case make the game neearly unplayable .

I would like you to do an update only focused on Game Optimization (like Planetside 2) without new WF, Weapons and other stuff... Understand me i really like new Stuff but i'll prefer a performance improvements ...

Sorry for my English, like Vento I'm Italian

Edited by BBaCCo

I know that i'm a really limit case, my pc is very old (mostly for gaming) and nowadays software houses normally doesn't care about game optimizations making new games only for medium-high end pcs but the FPS drop in my case make the game neearly unplayable .

I would like you to do an update only focused on Game Optimization (like Planetside 2) without new WF, Weapons and other stuff... Understand me i really like new Stuff but i'll prefer a performance improvements ...

Sorry for my English, like Vento I'm Italian

Edited by 041.Vento

I know that i'm a really limit case, my pc is very old (mostly for gaming) and nowadays software houses normally doesn't care about game optimizations making new games only for medium-high end pcs leaving low-end users interacting with static images but the FPS drop in my case make the game neearly unplayable.

The sad thing is. You're not a rare case. A lot of us with machines x2, x3 or even x4 times more powerful than yours - still can't get beyond 60 fps. And heaven forbid if more than 5 or 6 enemies enter the room. Then you're down around 15fps at best. Whats frustrating is the game often sits at only 15-20% load on a lot of peoples CPU's and GPU's - even when its struggling to run. Many people have the capacity to run the game better, it just refuses to use it. 

Edited by 11.11.11