Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Non Defence Place To Level Up Mastery Fast

(PSN)SuperSaiyan4

Question

Levelling your gear is what ups your mastery rank. Once your gear hits 30 it will not contribute any further toward mastery rank. That's how I understand it.

Assuming the above is correct, I have a couple of questions if I may add to this thread:

Leveling a forma'd weapon that has rest to 1 gives you nothing toward mastery rank either. Is that true?

I have a Karak at 30, for example. If I built another fresh one. Levelling that to 30 would contribute to my mastery rank. Is that correct?

I got to level 5 last night. I'm desperate to get to 6 and crack on with the Soma as that appears to be all things to all men. If my understanding of things is correct. I'm looking at a few bp builds between now and then.

Finally. I'm a fortunate member of Destroy All Monsters. Are there any recommended clan weapons out there useable at level 5?

To the best of my knowledge:

Leveling a Forma'd weapon (or a different copy of the same weapon) will not give you mastery points.  

Only the original 30 levels of each item will give mastery, buying a second copy of a weapon/sentinel/frame will not give additional mastery.

I just hit Mastery rank 5 last night but the best thing I've found so far is to constantly have an unranked weapon for each slot ready to go once the one you're leveling hits 30.  This either means having one of every item type (frame/primary/secondary/melee/sentinel/sentinel weapon) built and ready to go at all times.

To the best of my knowledge:

Leveling a Forma'd weapon (or a different copy of the same weapon) will not give you mastery points.  

Only the original 30 levels of each item will give mastery, buying a second copy of a weapon/sentinel/frame will not give additional mastery.

I just hit Mastery rank 5 last night but the best thing I've found so far is to constantly have an unranked weapon for each slot ready to go once the one you're leveling hits 30.  This either means having one of every item type (frame/primary/secondary/melee/sentinel/sentinel weapon) built and ready to go at all times.

Just a note, sentinels and sentinel weapons do not contribute to mastery points. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting, thing is I made lots of weapons then had to pay platinum to have more slots. As much as I love this game it almost feels like everything ends up costing platinum right down to the little things.

the only thingS I've spent platinum on is warframe slots, weapon slots, catalysts and reactors, and the warframes that cost only 75 plat (well worth it)  what i am pissed at though is, they must have nerfed forma drops cant get forma anywhere

Forma are still quite common in the void. At least for me. You must have some bad luck.

bad luck and a ps4, maybe that is the problem :)   done multiple 50 min + void survival T1 2 and 3, insane amount of caps, due to parkour room hunting, and 50 min + OD survival, seems to me that patch 11.5 hit the forma drop rate real hard IMO (not blueprint)

Ah well finished Formas i haven't gotten in a while. I was referring to the BP. Those drop ok. But finished Formas are supposed to be rare so...

And i don't know if the drop table change is active on PS4 but on PC finished Formas do now only drop from T3 Ext.

Ah well finished Formas i haven't gotten in a while. I was referring to the BP. Those drop ok. But finished Formas are supposed to be rare so...

And i don't know if the drop table change is active on PS4 but on PC finished Formas do now only drop from T3 Ext.

drop table change has not landed yet, but thanks for the tip (T3exterm) looks like i need to keep hold of any T3 exterm keys I get, ready for the update, used to get quite a few fully formed forma from survival, sometimes 2 or 3 a run, but none of late, my platinum stockpile has been taking a beating due to rushing forma.

Cheers! Tried doing a survival on Jupiter on Elara and my mastery hardly moved. Is it because my warframe is maxed? I still see xp earned after completion though.

If your warframe is maxed you cannot earn further mastery from it.

As others have said, you gain mastery from the first time you level a given weapon or frame. Leveling a forma'd weapon or a newly crafted/bought one you've leveled before does not grant additional mastery.

Survival is your best bet to level new gear and therefore mastery. If your frame is 30 (maybe you don't have another) try not to use powers to get kills. Your weapons will lose out on exp they would have earned from kills if it is your frame that gets the kill.