Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Parkour 2.0 - Combat Flow

NetSlayer

These 2 small suggestions aim to improve combat flow in warframe.

Weapon flow:

Right now we can change weapons while static, jumping and sprinting.

We can even change weapons while using zip line and wall running.

Why not enable weapon switch while rolling.

For example press F while in roll and you come out of the roll with your pistols equipped?

Or take it further, press F while casting abilities like smoke screen and invisibility. Come out of the casting anim with the weapon you switched to?

I believe this could add some interesting gameplay/ ninja factor.

Enemy Flow:

Enemies soldiers are collidable, Infested chargers are too.

Imagine sliding through the legs of moas/soldiers, vaulting over chargers or step jumping off their backs.

What do you think?

Aw yeh. 

I actually like the sound of the weapon switch while rolling, but for casting, not too sure about that. If I recall right, most of them still have their weapon in their hands when they cast, so that's gonna look a little strange with all the hand motion, if they had to put their primary back, cast it with a wave of their hand, then pick up their secondaries. 

On the other hand, allowing you to queue a weapon change after the cast would be really nice.

As for the collidable Infested, that's actually pretty neat! It's nice to have a movement set that allows you to manoeuvre around your enemies and interact with them. I'm not sure how they'll implement this, but I know one person who does this very well:

Batman. 

The Arkham City series had excellent manoeuvring elements, and not just with the jumping and flying, but also because it felt so organic. In true ninja fashion, he flips over his enemies, lands behind them, and pounds them into the ground. Sometimes he does the last two at the same time.

I think Warframe would really benefit from such freedom of movement. It'll allow harder enemies to be made, as we are now free to escape from Charger death-traps without feeling cheap, since hey, we're Ninjas, and the awesome factor is very high. 

Why not enable weapon switch while rolling.

For example press F while in roll and you come out of the roll with your pistols equipped?

Or take it further, press F while casting abilities like smoke screen and invisibility. Come out of the casting anim with the weapon you switched to?

57187-neil-degrasse-tyson-upvote-gif-WHF

Batman. 

The Arkham City series had excellent manoeuvring elements, and not just with the jumping and flying, but also because it felt so organic. In true ninja fashion, he flips over his enemies, lands behind them, and pounds them into the ground. Sometimes he does the last two at the same time.

Mm I've never played or seen any of those batman games, after reading this I saw some combat with deathstroke and he slid under some guy's legs to reach another enemy.

While I don't think this should happen in just a 100% combat mode...

It would be nice to simply slide underneath a grineer trooper and have an effect.

The grineer looks startled as the warframe runs ahead of him (paying him no attention) and this is followed by the warframe's ally performing a stealth kill on the grineer from behind. 

Essentially such situations can improve both stealth and combat fluidity.

Mm I've never played or seen any of those batman games, after reading this I saw some combat with deathstroke and he slid under some guy's legs to reach another enemy.

While I don't think this should happen in just a 100% combat mode...

It would be nice to simply slide underneath a grineer trooper and have an effect.

The grineer looks startled as the warframe runs ahead of him (paying him no attention) and this is followed by the warframe's ally performing a stealth kill on the grineer from behind. 

Essentially such situations can improve both stealth and combat fluidity.

Actually, I think just knocking him over as you slide into him would be pretty funny. It'll probably give rise a whole new Clan: The Desert Skates.

Actually, I think just knocking him over as you slide into him would be pretty funny. It'll probably give rise a whole new Clan: The Desert Skates.

Knock him over then a guy runs up and performs a finisher. xD

Though you can already knock them over if you air slide into a ninja kick.