Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Weapons That Can Mutilate Please

Tr1ples1xer

Since damage 2.0, Ive noticed that weapons don't gib anymore or a lot less. I know dominant slash weapons do gib but if they aren't heavily scanted with slash damage your chance of gibbing anything is 0%. I don't think leaving the gibbing part up to rng is a good idea. Imo every weapon should have a possibility of gibbing enemys, having body parts and split bodys tumble and fly everywhere is incredibly fun and makes the game fresh every time you kill because its not the same death animation over and over and all we practically do is kill stuff. Now every gun that isn't slash dominant feels the same...  same goes for melee weapons some cut in half but some don't which is weird (they are blades after all they should all cut in half) And while I'm on the subject of gibbing enemys, why can't we pop heads ? we are encouraged to make head shots but ive never seen a head pop or being cut off ever, its just boring shooting stuff and not seeing any reaction on the character models, the helmet breaking off is a step in the right direction imo but the face stays intact :( Anyone else wants more gore and decapitations from all the weapons not just slash ones ?

The way I see it puncture heavy weapons should be more likely to leave holes in enemies (I know I've seen enemies get giant wholes blown in them a few times), and blunt heavy weapons should rag doll enemies a bit (you can never have enough rag doll.

yes i agree with this, I just want more reactions, rag doll weapons work fine ''twin gremlins'' , but melee ragdoll with them big hammers aint working. I've seen those big holes too and I want more of that, maybe its a puncture thing tho did not test it, ill investigate further. As it is now there is like 5 or 6 weapons that can really cut in half, I want more gibs everywhere !!

What about death effects for elements, if the enemy died when the element procced? The Acrid and Miasma already disintegrate the enemy. Perhaps apply that effect to Corrosive proc kills? Cold could freeze and shatter the enemy like Frost's Avalanche; fire could cause the target to flail about like they currently do, then fall down on fire; blast could ragdoll the enemy (would make using the Penta and Ogris much more satisfying), gas could cause the enemy to choke then fall over, etc. Not sure what would happen for Radiation and Magnetic. Lightning already has this effect, kind of, where the enemy stands stunned before falling over and dying.

What about death effects for elements, if the enemy died when the element procced? The Acrid and Miasma already disintegrate the enemy. Perhaps apply that effect to Corrosive proc kills? Cold could freeze and shatter the enemy like Frost's Avalanche; fire could cause the target to flail about like they currently do, then fall down on fire; blast could ragdoll the enemy (would make using the Penta and Ogris much more satisfying), gas could cause the enemy to choke then fall over, etc. Not sure what would happen for Radiation and Magnetic. Lightning already has this effect, kind of, where the enemy stands stunned before falling over and dying.

Yes, those are all good, something needs to happen when they get shot other than fall down and die otherwise it gets stale very fast.