Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Improvement Or Addition To Sentinels

ArcariusAero

I think that in Warframe, sentinels are a little under-appreciated. Not only can they ruin attempts at stealth runs for people, but the AI for using skills isn't always that smart. Example: you're in front of an enemy Grineer, and behind him, and are hoping for your Shade unit to stealth you, but it doesn't. People get mad from this. Not only should the ghost ability be better, but they should make others use abilities more often, a.k.a. the buffs, and things such as that. When you crouch, personally, a sentinel should go down with you, instead of floating above the box or wall you're hiding behind, saying: "Ohai, I'm a floating target!" With these buffs, sentinels should be a tiny bit squishier, to balance it out, if these changes happen, because they'll better know what to do. 

Pros: 

-Sentinels are smarter, and can help more. 

-They won't ruin your missions

-Sentinels will buff you more, and stuff like that, such as the Shade sentinel using ghost at better times.

Cons:

-Sentinels are weaker in health and shields. 

Now, this next thing is my main idea, above were just ideas for improvements. Haven't you always hated that moment when you die, and your sentinel is just sitting there, shooting, as a last stand? You want to help your ally, but now the enemy units are all gone. I personally think that when you're dead, you should be able to control your sentinel. Ways this could be used: You died, and there are lots of enemies, sentinels are not that strong, and you can fly around. This can be used to scout out the area for living allies. You should also be able to attack, and use the sentinel's abilities. You will, though, start getting targeted by enemies as if you were a normal frame. This balances it out because of how squishy sentinels can be, especially if they get weakened health and shields in my idea above. It'll still be just as easy/easier to die in missions too, and if you're going solo, good luck being a tiny floaty thingy, attempting to survive!

Pros:

-Have an extra life, which might be just as fun as your normal life.

-Using the sentinel's abilities to help others instead of your dead body lying there useless.

-See what it's like to be a sentinel!

-Work as a scout.

Cons:

-You will get targeted as if you were a frame.

-You have to be extra careful.

-If you die in a huge crowd of Grineer, Corpus, or Ancients, good luck!

Please leave feedback on this idea, and tell me how I can improve it!