Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Up Test, Still Made For Humans?

Ascension

I failed twice trying to rank up from 5 to 6? lol ?! (fourth time now as of today)

They asked u to track and shoot at something that moves 5-6 times in weird pattern and by the time u reach stage 3, only gives u about 2-3 seconds to shoot it, first they want to test ur eyeballs skill & speed, next ur human reaction speed?

First, we need to find it moving somewhere around you in a 360 degrees area ( as big as a snow globe skill ), Next track with eyeballs, than finally need to shoot at it while it stays in that position for only 2 seconds, human reaction is 1 second on average for normal people. So if some people are slightly slower? they can Expect not to rank up anymore, until they get lucky and get a mission that doesnt seem so ridiculous?

How many stages are there anyway?.....

What's up with trying to make it so difficult to rank up, when we already need so much exp to do so?

I don't see that making the game anymore "Fun", if what the game is still trying to achieve is letting player's have fun,

a extremel difficulty to pass with 24 hours between each try isn't really the definition of "Fun", the only hope is to keep trying until I stop getting that stupid mastery rank up mission.

By the way, i failed the first mission almost instantly because they didn't even tell u what you should be doing or not.

Edited by Ascension

i managed to complete this a couple days ago on my first try. i was sorta confused at first too. i just aimed for the white orbs. as it got harder, i noticed it moves 3 or so orbs away from the previous spot. my tip is try follow and predict the new spot it lights up. btw, it has 3 stages.

At the first try, I failed even before I fully understood that the test is different now. The second time I was using a boltor (not a good choice) and failed but finally I grasped what to do . 3rd try was successful. I'm neither an especially fast or good aimer so the test is passable for anyone who clocked enough playing hours to get up to lvl6.

From the OP I don't know if it is clear: You only need to shoot the last ball in each line, not all of them.

Edited by Buddlschlumpf

For you youngsters maybe. But I'm an old fart. Stuck on the 3rd round so far for going from 5 to 6 is proving pretty much impossible. Up until now I was loving the game. Even if it took a bit to get used to the new mod system in U7.

But this. This is making me rapidly lose interest in the game. Tonight marks the 4th time I've tried to pass. And I knew what I had to do from the first time I tried it. I've basically stopped playing the game since I got stuck on this test. I have a new frame to level, weapons to level, etc. which I typically enjoy. But being stuck on rank 5 means I don't want to waste my precious level up points.

Bleh. I'll be playing the game once a day for 5 minutes or so until I either pass the test or I just give up on the game and stop playing it period.

After spending so long to get enough points to go from 5 to 6, it's rather insulting that a more casual player may never be able to get to 6.

Edited by silent_buddha

Human reaction is way faster than 1 second, we're talking miliseconds here.

But yeah, I can see how the test not telling you what you need to do is a problem

Lol, go read up more. average human reaction time is 1 second, this is known to me because when i am learning driving they teach us stuff like this.

Miliseconds are ninjas, and in real life. we are not ninjas

Edited by Ascension

For you youngsters maybe. But I'm an old fart. Stuck on the 3rd round so far for going from 5 to 6 is proving pretty much impossible. Up until now I was loving the game. Even if it took a bit to get used to the new mod system in U7.

But this. This is making me rapidly lose interest in the game. Tonight marks the 4th time I've tried to pass. And I knew what I had to do from the first time I tried it. I've basically stopped playing the game since I got stuck on this test. I have a new frame to level, weapons to level, etc. which I typically enjoy. But being stuck on rank 5 means I don't want to waste my precious level up points.

Bleh. I'll be playing the game once a day for 5 minutes or so until I either pass the test or I just give up on the game and stop playing it period.

After spending so long to get enough points to go from 5 to 6, it's rather insulting that a more casual player may never be able to get to 6.

You read my mind ;)

I just freaking failed my 3rd attempt on 3rd wave again, I was almost going to finish than i started reloading ffs, but yeah screw this for real.

Next natural course of action : stop playing actively for 24 hours until next test, unless a friend calls or w/e. no point anyways.

Edited by Ascension

Okay guys, lets get real here and dont talk about you passing on whatever or this is possible etc...

Ranking up is what we should deserve automatically after achieving a certain amount of exp, which we already DID.

So what's this ridiculous test to waste your time for no rewards whatsoever.

Please tell me if your getting something out of this "test", if you are anyway.

Edited by Ascension

i just wonder how many hits we need on the third wave. Tracking them is a pain in the &#!, but I can get most of them. I just didn't get enough of them yet.

Don't know and doubt im gona find out anytime soon, at least not for the next 24 hours. This is starting to get ridiculous and &!$$ing me off, wasting effort and time for...I don't know whats that for in the first place.

They clearly wanted to incorporate variety in the tests with this latest update, but they didn't have time to test it thoroughly themselves. That is the purpose of testers like you, to find these problems. It isn't there on purpose, just to spite you.

Give them some time to iron out the kinks.

They clearly wanted to incorporate variety in the tests with this latest update, but they didn't have time to test it thoroughly themselves. That is the purpose of testers like you, to find these problems. It isn't there on purpose, just to spite you.

Glad we have a common ground in knowing that there are problems.

But being stuck on rank 5 means I don't want to waste my precious level up points.

You don't waste them. All level ups you get while not passing the test still counts towards your progress. Thus, after succeeding the test, you'll get all the XP you collected meanwhile added to your rank.

Hopefully, they've taken notice. I just have no desire to play this game while I'm stuck on this. It's not a matter of knowing what to do or practicing. I'm just old enough now that my reflexes aren't fast enough to consistently track the 3rd round. Doesn't stop me from being able to do missions just fine, but does stop me dead cold from being able to progress my rank.

You don't waste them. All level ups you get while not passing the test still counts towards your progress. Thus, after succeeding the test, you'll get all the XP you collected meanwhile added to your rank.

Hopefully, that's the case, but I'm not about to test and see if that's the case seeing as I could be stuck at rank 5 for who knows how long.

I managed to pass mine finally. Definitely a rough trial. One thing I did which seemed to help was to cut back on my aim sensitivity. You may have to move your mouse farther to swing your gun around farther, but it gives you a bit more leeway when it comes to not passing your intended target.

And I lost count, but I think the first round was 4, the second round was 7, 8, or 9. The third/last round was between 8 and 12. Probably just 8 or 9 though.

Also noticed when I got out, that I had earned a chunk towards the next level. Enough that when I finish leveling the frame I am working now, I will be on to the next test. [fake enthusiasm] Oh yay... [/fake enthusiasm]

Edited by JHarlequin