Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Trigger Change

Boondorl

The current Duplex-auto trigger is...interesting, but I feel like it doesn't really work well. For me, it's really slowing down the feel of the gun, since simply clicking and releasing is far too slow to fire both barrels, and having to hold the mouse button after firing once to switch targets begins to feel awkward and is slightly uncomfortable.

I propose making LMB fire the left barrel and RMB fire the right barrel. It's clear that stuff like this is possible with the Penta's trigger mechanic.

-Remove ADS

-Implement trigger change stated above

-Increase fire rate to something unreasonably high (6666 for all I care)

I feel like I really need to explain this one. While increasing the fire rate would pretty much be harmless since the thing comes with a default mag of 2 and the proposed trigger wouldn't affect it, it allows those with more shots to fire them immediately instead of waiting for the delay we currently have. The other effect of this, however, is that after firing both shells, you reload immediately. As it stands, there is a slight delay after firing shots since it has to compensate for the slow fire rate (currently 2.0 shots/sec). This can be cancelled by reloading immediately after firing both shots, but this also breaks the feel of the gun as having to manually reload the gun every time after each shot gets annoying. With a high fire rate, this delay would be gone (or rather reduced greatly), making the animations feel more fluid.

-Decrease reload speed to 1.5 to make the reload animation feel more fluid

I feel like all of these changes would go a long way in making the Tigris feel much better. A good example of a double barrel shotgun would be how Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 handled the Ranger (

).

With all these changes, I feel the gun would be much more fluid and give a better user experience. As it stands, it feels a little too experimental and sluggish.

Edited by Boondorl

Equip Tigris with Vicious Spread, and your control over Tigris will improve greatly, as it allows you take out groups more easily. However, I do agree that Tigris' reload speed is EXTREMELY lacking, equipping tactical pump does nothing to fix that. As for the barrel function, I don't like it. A huge number of WF players use RMB for melee, I myself among them.

Edited by DeepbloodEclipse

I really don't see the advantage of a two burst firing mechanism over just letting us tap the mouse button two times quickly... like with all other semi-automatic shotguns?

The two burst just makes it more awkward to controll our shots (seriously holding down the trigger to only fire one shot at a time?).

It seems to be a "feature" they just put in to make the gun appear different from Strun and Hek.

I really don't see the advantage of a two burst firing mechanism over just letting us tap the mouse button two times quickly... like with all other semi-automatic shotguns?

The two burst just makes it more awkward to controll our shots (seriously holding down the trigger to only fire one shot at a time?).

It seems to be a "feature" they just put in to make the gun appear different from Strun and Hek.

well, that's basically how the bronco works, quickly tap fire button twice and reload