Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rectle, Display Options And Miscellaneous Thoughts (Mostly Sentinel Mods).

Tatzelin

I have been playing warframe for a while and there are one thing I am bored of: the rectle. Maybe if we can select a crosshair from various options it may lighten up the game a bit.

I have prepared some examples but I cannot figure out how to upload image. I will keep trying, but even if I cannot, there are plenty examples up on the internet.

New crosshair system may include 4 to 16 options or something more complex: a rectile builder that gave tennos ability to build their own rectle with various simple shapes like line, circle, triangle, and a pick of colors, etcetera, to suit their play style.

Besides that there could be special rectles for bows to accurately indicate where the projectile lands, making long range bow sniping possible.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Second topic, as now we get a seperate tab for HUD/UI setting, maybe we can start to add some more options into the game? What troubles me is that sometimes the damage and affinity gain numbers blocks my sight when I use my latron to snipe a group of enemy. It is never a critical issue but sometimes really annoying (it actually happens quite often as I use mainly a latron sniping strategy, great gun btw). Perhaps we can get an option to remove those damage and affinity indicators, or put it aside? Also, an additional tab in the chat panel for experience and damage done / receive?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic number two point five: various HUD options that changes everything on the screen! the position / size of the minimap on the top left corner could be a good starter, as I usually find it not big enough, which forces me to open the map to navigae for the cruise of the game, again it is never a critical issue but if the option is provided it will improve  the gaming experience.

Shield / hitpoint / energy indicator around the crosshair? As I find the two quartercircles around the crosshair wasted.

Sliders that change camera height and distance with warframes? (A bit too much I say.)

An mod that makes shade unable to attack at all but invisible for the cruise of the fight? It is really a good sentinel for proximity survival and, as I assume, intended to be a stealth mission helper. However I usually get busted because no matter how i keep my low profile there is always a jellyfish floating over my head (or perhaps I am doing it wrong).

[shader: makes sentinel unable to use their weapon but totally invisible with the cost of 50% / 40% / 30% / 20% / 10% / 0% of the sentinel's shield and hitpoint]

and some other sentinel mod that just poped up in my head, hopefully you guys can easily see which one is for which:

[drake skin: long as the sentinel is alive, the warframe receives 1% / 1.75% / 2.5% / 3.25% / 4% / 4.75% / 5.5% less damage]

this one is OP:
[clown in the box: with 60 / 54 / 48 / 42 / 36 / 30 seconds build in cooldown, the sentinel can shoot at an extra target within 10 meter of the warframe for one clip of the weapon's current ammunition. the cool down starts after the extra clip is exhausted or there are no available targets in range for 5 seconds, also the extra target could not be the same and only target available for the sentinel.]

[hoarder: the sentinel will gather a total of 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 life and energy orb within 5 meters range, with the two type split in half and preserve it for later use. When the warframe is not full on energy or health, the sentinel will use the preserved orbs one at a time of each type with a 4 second cooldown between each use until the warframe's health or energy is at below 25 till full]

We got a fifth sentinel?

[martyrdom: when the warframe falls, the sentinel sacrifise itself providing the warframe an additional 4 / 4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6 / 6.5 seconds of extra animation time. During this time, the warframe is invincible]

Extra thoughts and anykind of criticism are welcome, and I know there already exist several crosshair post, just found out after I finished the first part, pardon me if I annoy any of you.

Reticle*

That misspell completely threw me off on what this thread is about.

Anyways, customizable HUD displays and reticles are probably not a good idea; the immense numbers of "Am I doing it right" threads about how eclectic people's HUD's are would crash the forums. I don't see what's wrong with our current reticle anyway, and there are the couple types of scopes we have for sniper rifles, but bows? Bows don't have sights. Crossbows, and high-end-couldn't-miss-if-you-tried bows have full fledged scopes, but do Tenno really need those? Seems extraneous. Unless it's something like this:

50528-4-1391622372.jpg

Something that doesn't limit your view to a scope, non-intrusive; basically giving both long + short range aiming, which I think is what separates bows from sniper rifles. 

On your mod ideas: I'm against hoarder, since that's Carrier's job, Shader, because DE just needs to fix the whole Sentinel-aggro-positioning-stealth-thingy, and Clown-in-the-box seems trivial (Dethcube). I'm OK with Drake Skin and Martyrdom, and I would definitely welcome their introduction into Warframe.

That's it.