Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Message Notification

Arsinic21

I've noticed that personal messages to one another can quickly get out of hand when it comes to more than a certain number, since the tabs don't scale down in size with the number of new incoming message tabs, and often I don't even notice when new messages from people arrive, as I can only view a limited number of tabs in the chat bar at a time. it happens most noticeably when searching for others to do tower and derelict runs with me.

one way to fix this would be to make the tabs scale somewhat, to fit the arrival of new messages. I would only go down to about 4-6 characters per tab before needing to go off screen. I'm not sure how hard that would be to do, and i'm fairly certain i'm not the first to suggest this, but it would be really nice.

another way would be to have their messages appear in the currently opened clan, general, trade, recruiting and squad tab, with the exclusion of other private message tabs. I know this already happens in general and clan, however it's not very helpful unless their tabs are right there on display already. I propose that by clicking the name of the person who messaged you, you could reply to them right there, in the currently opened tab. also by right clicking on their names you can choose to "Create a Conversation" which would ask the other and open a new tab for that person.

I.E. you have general, clan, squad, recruiting and trading tabs currently visible on your message screen. suppose you say "Hosting T3 Cap for EP systems pm for invite" in the recruiting tab and you get about 7 people who pm you, all of whom have fairly long names. every single one of there messages will appear in the recruiting tab, and when you click their names you can reply directly to them without having to leave the recruiting tab itself. you could also have "/r" to reply to the most recent message.