The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me, Or Does Oberon Kinda Suck?

(PSN)Hooligonzo

I don't think he sucks... He's a "jack of all trades frame".

Rifle Amp, Focus, Continuity, Blind Rage and Rage are some very viable options if that helps resolve your polarity concern.

His abilities aren't entirely cost effective because of a lower energy pool. Likewise, your 2 most used abilities are also the 2 most expensive. So devising ways to keep you in energy are advised. Energy Siphon's passive effect won't suffice, imo.

Oberon is one of those frames that's flexible in his setup as opposed to most of the others that do very well with fairly cookie cutter setups. The downside is that flexibility ensures his abilities aren't as strong as those of the frames his skills emulate...But they shouldn't be either.

I think of him as an "almost Redmage".  If his abilities had more in the way of debuffs or CC/Status effects attached to them I'd play him a lot more.

As it stands now, when I am in groups with one, they are basically just "Reckoning Bots"

I don't think he sucks... He's a "jack of all trades frame".

Rifle Amp, Focus, Continuity, Blind Rage and Rage are some very viable options if that helps resolve your polarity concern.

His abilities aren't entirely cost effective because of a lower energy pool. Likewise, your 2 most used abilities are also the 2 most expensive. So devising ways to keep you in energy are advised. Energy Siphon's passive effect won't suffice, imo.

Oberon is one of those frames that's flexible in his setup as opposed to most of the others that do very well with fairly cookie cutter setups. The downside is that flexibility ensures his abilities aren't as strong as those of the frames his skills emulate...But they shouldn't be either.

I think of him as an "almost Redmage".  If his abilities had more in the way of debuffs or CC/Status effects attached to them I'd play him a lot more.

As it stands now, when I am in groups with one, they are basically just "Reckoning Bots"

I thought Nekros was the red mage?

Anyway, the only reason why I even made Oberon was because someone told me that you could revive downed people with Renewal (Hell, I expected Oberon to be packed with a full revive-free resurrection ability due to him being hyped as the Paladin frame), but since DE acted like it was a bug, I'm tempted to sell it now.

Edited by AfroGamerNinja