Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Weapons Are Worth Crafting?

Timdog

Question

I started this thread earlier but did it so badly i just figured start a new one. I'm at a bit of a plateau in game that i'm afraid only catalysts can fix :( When i look on paper, none of hte craftable weapons really seem like they will fix the problem im having (of being horribly out dpsed on higher boards than say Venus). It really feels like the issue is simply not enough mod slots due to no catalysts. What I have now: Level 20 Excaliber with 20 slots. 2 for slash and dash (level 4) 4 for redirection (level 8, 200% shield boost), 5 for fast diflection (30% recharge speed) and 8 for rush. Surviability seems fine, 300% shield = good. It's the weapons that seem to be lacking. Strun rank 15. i have most any mod you can think of for this thing, just no where to put them! right now using 12 for 60% multishot and 3 for 45% AP, but i was using fire and electricity before. This gun just needs more damn slots, and therefore crafting a new one isn't going to fix the problem, the problem feels like its the lack of cataylst. My pistol is the Lato Vandal 10 with the catalyst so it's fine - lots of toys in it (60% mutlishot, 0.1 puncture, 10% freeze, 5% Armor piercing, 15% crit, 24% fire rate, +16% reload and +30% ammo. I have NO other mod to put in, but i could perhaps boost some of those (the freeze and the AP come to mind) and ditch some of the others. For melee I have a rank 16 chronos with +28% damage, +20% fire rate and 15% fire. i have lots of other mods i could slip in though if these are not optimal. I'd like to upgrade if new weapons would upgrade, but the base "stats" are poorly explained and don't make it clear if i'll gain anything from spending the money to get the blueprint and then spending the time to farm mats, then the time to level those new weapons up. Again, it feels like its the lack of catalyst that's causing me to be sub-optimal, not the gear itself, but i wanted much more experinced people to confirm/deny that for me. Thank you!! BTW, i hate the i can't put spaces in this wall of text but enters do nothing for some reason!

5 answers to this question

the wall of thext won, TL;DR

for a weapon, I use the Boltor, IMO its the best praimery.

use it with fire rate, Ap and multishot, and you'l kill everything with no problem.

side-arms, I use the Lato vandal, you can yet the Krakan tho.

melee, I use Fand/Dual heat swords/Gram/Plasma sword/poligan sword/dark dagger (in other words, pretty much every melee I can put my hanbs on)

and Fang works the best in most cases.