Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love The Idea Behind The New System, But It's Definitely Flawed For Now.

demontrace

I like the idea behind the new mod system, I just find it extremely flawed at the moment. I also realise I am just echoing what so many have said already.

The cost for fusion is far too expensive, meanwhile you get far too little money back in return for selling mods.

The reliance on luck has become even more extreme than before. Whereas I considered it a really bad thing before, now it's even worse, instead of better.

Previously it was the grind on bosses to try to get blueprints that was killing my esteem. At least then, however, I could take on bosses with some amount of skill, but mostly the fact that my warframes were becoming quite powerful with all the passive skill tree boosts, along with the number of mods I'd have attached to my warframes.

After update 7, EVERYONE became near powerless, with not nearly as much of a benefit for leveling your warframe, other than being able to attach more mods, or more mods that were of higher power levels. While this isn't THAT different from the old system, the fact that you either must be lucky in finding that coveted shield capacity mod/health mods, ALONG with having large amounts of credits to attach fusion core mods, that the approach towards being a halfway decent warframe has become the main pursuit, much less trying to actually get new warframes.

I realise you can fuse warframe/power mods to other mods to level them, rather than being stuck with only using fusion cores.

This is also coming from someone who has all the frames except nyx, banshee, and saryn. Most of my frames were already level 30, and I've already leveled a number of weapons to 30, so much of the grind in that case was taken care of, but it still doesn't change the fact that whereas I was sitting on a comfortable amount of mods, money, and levels, now I'm back at just about square one again.

I don't mind trying to level in this new system. It added some new life to the game, however the sheer amount of luck needed is really kind of upsetting. I don't mind being stuck with one set of mods that I'll level, and switch between warframes and weapons, which I power them up, especially since there is no cost to switch around these mods. I just feel everything is pretty much based around 1 set of mods, and of course finding some shield/health mods, and ESPECIALLY, credits.

I guess people complaining about not having enough to spend their credits on finally got their answer, huh? Unfortunately I think this got carried a LITTLE too far.

I am definitely looking forward to whatever the future changes are to restore some balance to this system. But then again I was always looking forward to changes in balance in the past, and instead got a system that favors luck EVEN MORE, nerfed everyone to hell, pretty much emptied our bank accounts, and made melee significantly weaker.

Ouch. Oh well, again, I like some of the new changes, and the idea behind the system, but there's definitely more tweaking ahead in the future. I hope...

They could just make stats like HP, Shields, Damage, etc go up with each rank and just have the mods there to compliment them. For example if the MK-1 Braton starts at 16 at Rank 30 it could be around 20 damage. And your HP could start at 100 and go up to 400. Then you would just have mods that would increase the numbers more. Like 200% health+ Your 400 HP at Rank 30.

Granted I wouldnt do it EXACTLY like that, it might cause issues and make things way to easy. But if balanced right that could be a good system.