Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod System Qqs

KamaZotz

I really don't like the new mod system, it's quite easily broken the game for me. I spent all that time, ranking up, adventuring, and now that update 7 is out all of us have beenthrown back to level 1. I could clear wave after wave with my mighty gram charge attacks, and now i have to spend three revives on a single map because my health, shields, energy, and damage have been nerfed to hell.

God damn i'd like the old mod system back, or at least be able to choose how you'd like to build a weapon? buy a gun and pic (lightning/fire/ice/fire speed/ reload speed/ clip size, etc) and get that single mod right away, having to farm for the rest.

I really don't want to give up on this game, i love this game.

what's one players opinion though, anyone else feel the same way?

just a feels thread

Glory to the empire

If you're having trouble clearing missions without dying, try joining groups or running low level missions (Mercury, Saturn, etc.). You shouldn't have much trouble soloing with M Prime (Mercury) if you're a veteran player, and you can collect some valuable mods very quickly from that mission.

Why would you become so invested in a game that is actively in flux.

The new mod system is superior in every way.

Give it time to grow. Tweaking is a matter of iterations.

It's really not superior. It's actually objectively inferior.

Before, you gained passive increases to damage, clip size, crit rate, and crit damage for weapons and hp, shield, and max power for frames. These base increases were then amplified by mods that were percent based which are comparable to the percents the new mods can attain. With no base stats to modify, and only having room to apply 2-3 maxed mods on a 30 point frame or weapon, overall potency has been flat nerfed.

The other argument would be customization, well the new system is *less* customizable not only because of the very harsh point limitations, but also because some cards are flat out mandatory. For your frame, if you have a half upgraded shield, a half upgraded hp, and all 4 of your abilities non-upgraded you'll have as litle as 5-10 points to work with for customization. Weapons are just as bad due to a lack of affinity slots, meaning most cards that really change the weapons potency will likely cost an unmitigated 10-15 points on a 30 point scale. So you either have to use nearly pointless mods like 7% melee damage or 10% fire damage for diversity, or you can only use 2 powerful cards like a maxed multi-shot with a maxed ice damage mod.

So neither potency or customization have a higher cap with this update, on top of this the grind to even get the more potent cards maxed is several times worse that it was to get a powerful level 30 rare mod before the update. On top of this, our potency is now *entirely* determined by this system so regardless of weapon or frame level, you have to grind and rely on the RNG to get any progress at all.

This was universally a step in the wrong direction, the only thing this system has is potential and that's worthless unless DE starts trying to work toward that potential.

I aggre with the OP before this update I didn't have much problem soloing but now I feel like I've been thrust back to level one. I wanted to get the new Warframe but if I'm a level 24 Trinity and have a really hard time getting through a stage then a new Lv. 1 Warframe it'd be impossible.

The new planet Sedna wouldn't feel so impossible if I didn't have 100hp 100shields. I've even got all my slots filled with mods, but the not having the ability to stack same mods really takes away from the game imo. Joining a group shouldn't be mandatory for completing missions with lv. 15-20+ enemies.

You can very easily collect shield, health, shield recharge, and various weapon mods from the missions available on Mercury, and you don't need a group to complete them.

*with luck

You're also forgetting that to upgrade them past level 2-3, you need to spend a ton of money combining cores, or you have to continue getting duplicates, and to max them is much more than that. All of this is based on an RNG, not effort, not progression, not player ability.

*with luck

Not really. You're guaranteed an item reward at the end of a successful M Prime, and 90% of the time it's a mod.

You're also forgetting that to upgrade them past level 2-3, you need to spend a ton of money combining cores, or you have to continue getting duplicates, and to max them is much more than that. All of this is based on an RNG, not effort, not progression, not player ability.

Farming missions nets a lot of money, from lockers, enemies, and from completion rewards. You don't have to max out a mod in order for it to be effective. And, contrary to what some might believe, all of this is indeed predicated on effort and dedication. RNG plays a significant role, but a dedicated player will see better results overall.

I never said it wouldn't take work, but it's not difficult; it's repetitive, which is not the same thing.

You guys forget that this game is free to play. Of @(*()$ course you have to work for your items/upgrades and what not. And its ridiculous that you guys are in BETA knowing that your progress "might" get resetted. Don't freaking play a beta if you don't want progress deleted or resetted.

@Valkav

You have to take into account that that RNG is separating player power because some players are getting "core build" mods like health and shield, while others are getting mods which have lower value towards progression. And getting duplicates of "core build" mods is also the best way to rank them up.

Edited by Stygi

It's really not superior. It's actually objectively inferior.

^ I love you. Can I has your babies?

lol kidding aside, completely agree dude. It's a different system, but it's not necessarily a better one, espcially with whether or not you can progress depending on RNG.