The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

A Problem With Powers/mods On Ps4

(PSN)Masric_Rhynar

As the title would suggest, I've been having a problem with my Warframe's powers/mods insofar that I can't or don't know how to use them. I vaguely remember doing something with powers/mods when I first started, but that was a good while ago and I can't recall what I did exactly.

My Warframe is an Excalibur and it's Rank 8. Whenever I go to the Upgrade section of my Warframe, or rather the Foundry (I think) to transmute a mod, I can't do anything. I don't have screenshots available at present, but I can, and most likely will, get some soon.

But for now... Does anyone know what the problem is? Is this mess a bug? Am I just an idiot? Something in between?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated because I WANT TO USE MY FREAKIN' POWERS! :P

Well, first off, I'm a little confused by your wording, but I will try to help. And you are not an idiot, this game can be confusing sometimes, especially cause it keeps changing.

#1. I don't think you can "transmute" precepts of any kind, be it Frame or Sentinel. And if your are just talking about enhancing your mods w/like cards and/or fusion cores, that's just called upgrading/modding/stacking/fusion. Transmute is taking 4 random mods/core and changing them into a single random mod/core. 

#2. The upgrade section is called "The Arsenal." Within that you have your mods section located in your "inventory tab" next to "Gear."

#3. The Foundry is your forge, essentially, allowing you to build new items as long as you have the proper mats and blueprints.

#4. If you are just trying to increase the strength of your mods, you need to go to your inventory, select the proper tab (melee, secondary, etc.), then select the mod you want to be the base that receives the fusion/upgrade (of either another same card, different or fusion core), then each additional selected card and/core will be the the ones used to put into the base and level up the strength. Doing so will consume the mod cards and/or fusion cores. Just be careful and make sure you don't waste anything.

Other than that it is pretty straight forward. If i completely missed what you were going for, my apologies. I hope this helped.

How to use them while playing, is either from the touchpad (swiping up, down, left or right to activate) unless you customized your controller. As far as the mod screen goes, they need to be placed in the precept slots in the corners with the double dashes. Becareful when modding as you can loose the previous card you were modding by accident if you don't remember to back out of the fusion menu each time. I will double back out each time just to be sure (meaning I will, twice, select the fusion label on the left where it says transmute, fusion, sell) just to make sure I don't mess up.

So for example, say you are modding vitality and want to increase its level to gain more of a hp bonus, you need to select it first and it will be highlighted, then you select other cores/cards (only use other cards when you have maxed out a card of the same type and you have spares, just remember you will need 2 of every type of card, except melee, for you sentinel weapons, as they use either primary or secondary weapon mods) appropriate for the level of the card (unranked/low ranked you use lower ranked cards/cores{anything with a 1 next in the top right corner} as they will give a greater upgrade boost at this level). At higher levels and you have modded up your cards/cores and those empty slits at the left are full, it will take higher ranked cores to raise the power to full (anything with a 3 and up). All rares you want to hold onto last and use commons and uncommons first. There is much more.

I'll be on later today (after 5pm), message me and I can explain things better and not in type. If you'd like.

Well, first off, I'm a little confused by your wording, but I will try to help. And you are not an idiot, this game can be confusing sometimes, especially cause it keeps changing.

Other than that it is pretty straight forward. If i completely missed what you were going for, my apologies. I hope this helped.

Oops, sorry about that. I really need to get some screenshots sometime soon, but I haven't had time to sign on in a couple days. Hopefully, whenever I can get some my problem will be a bit clearer then. Thank you for your reply anyway.

How to use them while playing, is either from the touchpad (swiping up, down, left or right to activate) unless you customized your controller.

I'll be on later today (after 5pm), message me and I can explain things better and not in type. If you'd like.

Whenever I try that I get "Power Not Unlocked" or something to that effect. I'd definitely like to take you up on that offer, if not today then another time.

I don't know if you are even still interested in this game and I could understand why you wouldn't be, as with all the bugs/issues and lack of instructions, it is extremely frustrating, but if you are in search of a clan, you can try mine, Sorrowbringers. Just find McGreybush or Sorrowbringers on here and just ask him for an invite. We tend to be pretty good at helping each other out and are always adding new members, so we have many beginners and are always running everything that we can. Also send me an in-game friend request when you get a chance. Hopefully I'll see you soon.