Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"liberation" Game-Mode Concept

Aktriaz

The Tenno are looked at as heroes by the "settlers", right? Why?

I do recall the Grineer using settlers as slaves, and the Corpus using "mind scrubbing" on people. (I'm not sure of either of these, so please find evidence of either if you want.)

I was thinking of a game mode kinda like Rescue, mixed with Invasion and Mobile Defense. (Just a few features of invasion)

I was thinking you'd go around a map to find imprisoned settlers and free them, then they'd pick up some weapons from either fallen enemies, or those big boxes all over the map. Then You'd have to stay there and defend them until some kind of dropship comes to pick them up. They would be capable of defending themselves to an extent using weapons they pick up, but would still require the cell's help. And based on how many are still alive would determine the quality of your reward. This probably should be a once per mission thing, but it could be a "Mobile Defense" thing. (Also I was thinking the tile where you'd defend from would resemble a pseudo-fortress, to make it easier defend.)

Right now the Tenno just seem to be out for themselves, despite the lore's contradiction. This would reinforce the Tenno's appearance as "good guys," cause right now they're Ninja Corpus. For Profit!!!

Because really, what do the Tenno do to help? Kill some Grineer? How about we actually help people.

Feedback and ideas welcome!

Edited by Actriaz

I'd love this sort of thing.  It would also put us in a definitive "good guy" light.  Having a lot of civilians that we have to defend could be cool.  The art for all the civilians could be painful though unless they find an efficient randomizer approach.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz