Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Survival: Infested Spawn Problem

Marnus

Hello,

Ever since I play survival in derelicts, a massive problem present and becomes more irritating with each game: this damn buggy enemy spawning system!!!!

On 3/4 of the games I played, we couldn't play more than 5 (10 with luck) minutes, due to the absence of infested. There is literally no enemies!! The map is empty with only half a dozen of infested wandering through the map every 2 minutes.

It really is a shame, because the game in which enemies show up as there as supposed to are really, really fun! Derelicts survival are -from my point of view- both the more interesting and with the best potential rewards.

The fact that this problem is totally random makes it even worse: you can sometime make a group for heavy combat (DPS, Vauban,...) and see no-one once ingame, or exactly the contrary (Nekros,...).

On another hand, it seems infested have problems moving threw some tiles of the derelicts levels. Could it be linked, with the enemies getting stuck in some places and preventing more to spawn?

Anyway this problem is becoming more frustrating with each potentially good game turning into bad. I really hope you are going to find where the problems lies and fix it, but I know you will :).

Thanks,

Marnus

Edited by Marnus

I've definitely experienced this issue in derelict survivals.  The spawn is very inconsistent from game to game, but it's mostly because it's so inconsistent from tile to tile - finding an area of the map with the busiest spawn is the key for now, but it's often far away from the life support module spawns.  Keep your team together in a tight group as well.

I've definitely experienced this issue in derelict survivals.  The spawn is very inconsistent from game to game, but it's mostly because it's so inconsistent from tile to tile - finding an area of the map with the busiest spawn is the key for now, but it's often far away from the life support module spawns.  Keep your team together in a tight group as well.

It is indeed linked to the tile in which we are standing: when playing we always try to stay in places linked to a maximum of others tiles. But it is not always possible due to the random component of level creation and the disposition of Oxygen tanks

Edited by Marnus

yes I experienced this issue too several games when we can't even reach 10min because not enough infected are coming. It really seems to depend on the map and the spawning doors opened around you. BTW we are doing it premade so we ofc stick together for the mob not to spawn too far away from us.

some spawning patch would be appreciated