Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Tera

Rennagade

Yes, I know it is the most unoriginal name I could have thought of, but it works.

Tera is an Earth based frame.

Heres a quick link to a picture my sketchbook for those of you who want to see the cruddy quick sketch I made while scratching down her abilities:http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/JoeWasHere0/20140215_184114_zpsa32b3f7e.jpg</p>

Will get a proper scan of the page later.

Tried to draw A front facing head on the computer. My digital sketching skills are terrible as usual :(

Some quick info- Tera is in fact inspired by Tera of Teen Titans.

What I am posting here is a quick concept that took me about 30 minutes to scrap together, but I hope you like it!

The Tera warframe- Designed to Tank while offering some utility.  I wanted Tera to stand a bit closer to the Frost side of the Warframe spectrum.

Tera is slower than most frames and cursed with low stamina. In exchange she gets high shields and energy. She trades health for high armor ratings.

Stats:

Shields: 450

Health: 150

Armor: 250

Stamina: 65

Energy: 200

Abilities:

1) Fling- Tera summons stones the fly in from all directions, knock enemies back as the hit the targeted enemy in the abdomen and lift them off the ground. Fling could then be cast again to fling the enemy wherever the player is aiming. If flung into an enemy, knocks that enemy down while doing damage to them.

2)Launch- Tera summons a pillar of earth to appear beneath her feet, launching her upwards and in the direction the Tera was moving.

3 Option A) Bunker- Tera creates a wall in front of her with a lower wall going around her in a circle. The higher wall has a window/slit for Tera and her teammates to shoot through. Knocks back enemies.

3 Option B) Earth's Protection- Tera conjures a shield of stone that hovers in front of her. Pressing the quick melee button with the shield active results in a shield bash.

4)Graveyard- Tera punches the ground, causing spikes of earth to shoot up impaling surrounding enemies. Using while airborne causes the ability to have an increased range depending on the height that Tera falls.

Change log: Added in digitally colored head front facing.

Added in a second ability option for ability 3

Added in technical breakdowns for all abilities other than 3B, which I feel does not need a deeper explanation.

Added in Stats for a handful of things

Broke the forums apparently in last update.  Fixed it somewhat.  Hopefully its working right for everyone else.

Removed spoiler boxes and replaced them to attempt to fix them.

Moved step by step descriptions of abilities to my G drive

Edited by Rennagade

I was sooooo gonna try to put a picture of Terra when I saw the title, but then you mentioned you got the idea from her soooo.....buzzed my kill.-.
Overall, sounds fun, but Fling is a bit underdetailed. Maybe expand on all the powers when you have a chance? Either way, hopefully you don't get a lot of people hating you for no reason other than their need to make others feel bad.

I was sooooo gonna try to put a picture of Terra when I saw the title, but then you mentioned you got the idea from her soooo.....buzzed my kill.-.

Overall, sounds fun, but Fling is a bit underdetailed. Maybe expand on all the powers when you have a chance? Either way, hopefully you don't get a lot of people hating you for no reason other than their need to make others feel bad.

Thanks for posting!  Also if I didn't want people to bashing on my idea I wouldn't have posted it :P 

As for expanding on the abilities- I'll work on that after I shovel outside/run a few miles(About an hour and a half).

The Format could be a little neater I'm having a hard time understanding what is what. My biggest take away is, what will she do when she is on  a space ship?

I think it could be changed from a "Earth" theme to a "Matter control" theme.  That way no matter what environment she is in, she will always have control of something from her surroundings and you can keep the genral idea of your powers.

The Format could be a little neater I'm having a hard time understanding what is what. My biggest take away is, what will she do when she is on  a space ship?

I think it could be changed from a "Earth" theme to a "Matter control" theme.  That way no matter what environment she is in, she will always have control of something from her surroundings and you can keep the genral idea of your powers.

ya... I was thinking about ways she could get stone on a space ship. There were a few ideas like gathering dust particles are changing her abilities to plants that come out of her body. As for the format I tried putting the detailed abilities in drop boxes/spoilers, but the forums apparently did not like that. You should have seen what it looked like when I first edited it- nearly unreadable. Lines of forum code everywhere after 30 era paragraph, sentence and special symbol