The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback + Suggestion For Qol Fix/tweaks For Zephyr's Tailwind

MedusaGorgon

Tailwind:The best mobility skill in the game by far, I don't know if Nova's wormhole has a longer range or not, but tailwind trumps wormhole for the following reasons:

1: Energy Cost - Tailwind at 25 energy is far more spammible than wormhole's 75 energy cost.

2: Reliability - Anyone who's tried to use Nova's wormhole with streamline and fleeting expertise to go crate hunting in ODVault missions should all know this: there are invisible walls where you can still walk/jump through but your wormholes are blocked. However this does not apply to Zephyr, tailwind moves you, so if you can walk/ jump through it, you can tailwind it.

3: Anti-lag - A bad connection to the host is a nightmare to everyone, but especially to Nova. If you want to make a wormhole, have fun standing at the entrance for a few second before you are actually teleported to where you want to go. Tailwind on the other hand, is not effected by lag, you can travel as smoothly as you would playing a solo game.

4: Manuverability - Want to do precision jumps with Nova's Wormhole? Ops, you missed your target by a meter, enjoy your marriage to the locked in falling path. Want to do precision jumps with Zephyr's Tail Wind? Not only can you do zig zag motions in the air as you fall if it pleases you, you can also do a tail wind on the ground, then tailwind again in the air to jump around corners.

However, there is one major thing that I believe many Zephyr users out there would love to see fixed: The fixed duration.

The fixed duration/distance on Tailwind can be quite troublesome at times, especially in a closed enviroment (80% of the time when you're not on the forest or desert tileset). I suggest either make the duration of Tailwind as long as you press down on the key, or until the maximum duration is reached. OR If Divebomb is used while Zephyr is using Tailwind, then Tailwind is canceled immediately into a Divebomb. Ability Synergy? Hell yeah.

Now this is more of a luxury than it is a tweak/fix, but if possible, maybe make it so that Zephyr can still turn mid-Tailwind? So you can be truely a graceful bird swooping through the skies *swoon*. Or perhaps maybe Zephyr can still use her weapons mid-Tailwind / mid-Divebomb, Why? Because Divebombing with actual bombs from the Ogris or carpet bombing with the Penta is why.

(Also please make it so that Zephyr's Tornado can also gain secondary elemental damages like Corrosive(Toxin+electric), if the tornado's default elemental damage is Magnetic(cold+electric) I don't see why not the others. )

Tailwind's distance being fixed isn't generally a problem for me despite my relatively high power duration. What poses a problem is that if I collide with a wall, I keep the momentum from the ability until its duration expires, which usually pins me to a wall for a couple of seconds. Or throws me down a pit and respawns me with enough momentum to throw me back down the pit. On the other hand, making it so tailwind momentum is cancelled when we collide with an obstacle would probably cut it short every time we tried to fly through a doorway, which would be a needless waste of energy.

Tailwind's distance being fixed isn't generally a problem for me despite my relatively high power duration. What poses a problem is that if I collide with a wall, I keep the momentum from the ability until its duration expires, which usually pins me to a wall for a couple of seconds. Or throws me down a pit and respawns me with enough momentum to throw me back down the pit. On the other hand, making it so tailwind momentum is cancelled when we collide with an obstacle would probably cut it short every time we tried to fly through a doorway, which would be a needless waste of energy.

Which is why I suggest the ability cancel on key release, that way you can stop before hitting a wall, or keep flying even through doorways.