Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Warframe Concept) Raespin, The War Tank

Raileks

Name: Maybe Rasputin better than Raespin.  Or Spine?

Appearance: Short, male, a bit squat.  Has blade spikes all over the outward facing sides of his armor.

HEALTH: 150
POWER: 150 
ARMOR: 250
SHIELD CAPACITY: 100
SHIELD RECHARGE: 20
SPRINT SPEED: .9

Ability 1: Razor Ball - Raespin rolls into a ball with his spikes aligned outwards(think Sonic the Hedgehog).  His speed doubles and he deals damage(impact,slash,and puncture) to any enemy he runs into with a high chance of knocking them down.  While in this form he cannot use weapons and instead of an upfront cost it continuously drains energy and stamina.  Razorball can be toggled on and off but it has a 10 second CD after being switched off.  While in Razorball form, Raespin gains massive resistance to effects that would stun/stop him.

Ability 2: Retaliation - For a limited time, any enemy within 12 M that deals damage to Raespin will have a large percentage of that damage reflected back at them.

Ability 3: Centrifugal Reverse - Raespin spins in reverse and causes all enemies within 50M to be dragged towards him and take significant damage upon colliding with him based on how far away they were.  (dont tell him physics dont work like that)

Ability 4: Pinball - This can only be used while in Razorball and last till Razorball is ended.  Raespin launches through the air to the nearest enemy champion and ricochets to the next nearest over and over until his there's no more enemies in line of sight(if something blocks your flightpath it ends the ability) or Razorball runs out of energy.  Can be stopped prematurely by toggling Razorball off.  Does the same amount of damage as razorball but its a whole lot faster and you cant control what direction you're going in.  Has a long CD.

Edited by Raileks

I read the second line and took a bit to mentally prepare myself. Here we go.

First skill. Sorta weird. Doesn't fit with the rest of the game. Not bad per se. Could be cool. Just a bit odd. Does the frame take damage while in this form? Running directly into enemy fire will have...adverse effects on your health.

Second skill. Neat. Simple but effective. I'm guessing the percent of damage dealt to the enemy will be calculated before armor kicks in. No real complaints.

Third skill. Eh. Too much like Vauban's Vortex. The idea is cool, though.

Fourth skill.  I like it but it has the same issue as the first ability. Does the frame take damage while in ball form? What is the energy cost? Duration? Amount of bounces per use?

Surprisingly not bad. Could use some fine tuning but it's pretty good compared to 80% of the stuff that crosses the forum. Was expecting it to be edgy as all hell. Good job.

TY

and no the razorball doesnt protect Raespin from damage.  All the abilities are meant to synergize.

Razorball relies on retaliation to shield him from alot of damage as he races headon into enemy fire. (maybe I should add some anticc to razorball)  

Retaliation relies on Centrifugal Reverse to keep enemies in range.

Centrifugal Reverse relies on all other abilities for sustained damage because you just pulled a bunch of guys into melee with you and smacked them... now what?  Its different from vaubans vortex in that it is centered on the warframe and it doesnt do nearly as much damage or duration.  CR is more of a "get over here" than a black hole.

Pinball relies on pretty much every other ability.  Razorball it needs cuz pinball doesnt work unless ur in ball form.  Retaliation because even though pinball sends Raespin flying about really fast it doesnt make him invulnerable or even more durable. Centrifugal Reverse is important to Pinball because as long as Raespin has targets in line of sight of his last target(and energy and stamina) he can keep pinballing infinitely(now that I think about it, it needs a long CD)    Its kind of like his nuke but it functions very differently than other "I explode" nukes.

I didnt put in any specific numbers because I couldnt even guess whats an appropriate energy cost, whats the appropriate amount of damage.  That can all be fiddled and fine tuned anyway.

I suppose the top combo would be to quickly roll into a crowd, retaliate, CR, then Pinball.  They would still have individual uses.  Razprballs good for its speed if nothing else.  Retaliation is a good shield in all situations.  CR could be used to pull enemies into ally abilities or traps.

You have to be real careful with pinball.  It automatically targets the nearest next enemy so you dont always know where youre gonna end up, especially if you didnt pull everyone together.

Edited by Raileks