Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chem Lab Weapons: What Should Be There And What Shouldn't Be There.

NyxOOX

This is more of a personal gripe than anything, and I wasn't really sure whether this should go in the Weapons section, or the Dojo section.  With that out of the way, I will begin.

I don't know about you guys, but I like it when things make sense. The Ignis being in the Chem Lab? That makes sense. It is a flamethrower after all, flamethrowers ignite chemical fuel and propel it over long distances. The Ogris being in the Chem Lab? That makes sense. Rocket launchers fire rockets carrying explosive chemical warheads by burning chemicals as fuel. The Jat being in the Chem Lab? Sure, why not. It's a jet-propelled mace, jet engines use chemical fuel.

You know what doesn't make sense? The Grinlok, a lever-action rifle, is unlocked through the Chem Lab. Unless the Grinlok fires HE rounds, or uses Detonite as propellant, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be buyable in the market. I completely understand that the Chem Lab is kinda starved for projects right now compared to the Energy Lab, the Bio Lab, or even the Tenno Lab, but there is a difference between putting in something that fits, and throwing in something completely unrelated.

You know what should be in the Chem Lab? The Stug. The Stug is a "gel gun" which fires blobs of explosive, corrosive chemicals. Seems like something like that would fit in pretty well. While we're on the topic of things that should go in the Chem Lab, let's throw in that Grineer Bio Rifle "acid rifle" they showed the art for in Livestream 22.

It might not really be a big deal, but I just find it irritating that a completely unrelated weapon is in the Chem Lab, especially when you look at the fact that every weapon in the Energy Lab is energy-based, and every weapon in the Bio Lab is biological.

Well, since it is also known as the Grineer research room.....

Plus bullets are propelled by ignited gunpowder, a mixture of 3 chemicals.

So, in conclusion, bullets normally use chemical energy, so shut ya whining, it does make sense.

Edited by supersaupe

The Acrid.

It's currently under Infested research, but that makes no sense at all. Look at the designs. Everything else in the Infested lab is organic. Infested weapons are made of tissue, bone, and other icky things.

Meanwhile, you have the Acrid sitting there, which uses Grineer motifs (tubes, bulbous parts on the grip and handle that are orange). It's clearly not made of organic flesh, instead being constructed from metal. It is also rounded and comically oversized, a common Grineer design scheme. I suppose it doesn't involve some form of combustion like the other weapons, but does that matter? It's a total Grineer weapon.

Edited by Noble_Cactus