Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo Damage Between Warframes

kaptain44

First, thank you for the game you have made so far.

I am primarily using an Ember frame that focuses on World on Fire. I have found that in group missions I try not to overlap powers. If someone else uses a '4' I try to hold mine until later. I have also started to mod weapons using the damage 2.0 vulnerabilities for enemies and I very much like how the elemental damages combine into a new form. Allowing warframes to combine their elemental types by overlapping abilities does not seem that far removed; and would allow for more complex group mission choices. Frost and Volt making a magnetic field for example by overlapping Snow Globe and Electric Shield.

I am not sure what balance issues this may cause, but it seems like just allowing the elements to combine (insert Captain Planet reference here) in the same fashion as the damage mods and with the same benefits/disadvantages would be plenty.

As a side note I'm not that familiar with all the warframes so there may not be existing elemental combinations with all warframes, but I seem to be grouping with a lot of Zephyrs lately and I keep wanting to add fire to their tornadoes.

First, thank you for the game you have made so far.

I am primarily using an Ember frame that focuses on World on Fire. I have found that in group missions I try not to overlap powers. If someone else uses a '4' I try to hold mine until later. 

uh ... why ?  World on Fire combos amazingly with other frames' powers.  WoF + Mprime = devastation.  WoF + Chaos = terribly entertaining.  Other nukers should have good efficiency, so the energy cost isn't a big deal.  The faster you kill things, the faster things spawn == more loot, more xp.  Maybe I've just been doing too many invasion missions later (please, oh please, let my 30th extermination mission tonight join in someone else's game half way)

Hmm DE already said NO to combos that'll bascily make some sort of "new" out come o,o you can combo techs as is with nice timeing as is and some of that requires skill rather then I hit 4 you hit 4 and Ember+Froost = drasticly awesome explosion with nice colors D; Maybe later on in the future they'll find nice ways too allow abilttys to overlap and not crash/bug our games....

Hmm DE already said NO to combos that'll bascily make some sort of "new" out come o,o you can combo techs as is with nice timeing as is and some of that requires skill rather then I hit 4 you hit 4 and Ember+Froost = drasticly awesome explosion with nice colors D; Maybe later on in the future they'll find nice ways too allow abilttys to overlap and not crash/bug our games....

Ahh, I see. I was not sure if this topic was brought up already; so I appreciate the info.

Let me try to expand on this.

Guild Wars made combos easier by categorizing certain skills into 3 categories; Fields, Projectiles and finishers. Using a projectile or a finisher in a field results in extra effects, such as elemental projectiles or elemental AoE, depending on the field used.

For example, Ember's Fire Blast coupled with Soul Punch would result in a flaming soul punch, or with Frost's freeze it becomes a Blast-element projectile with knockdown instead of Freezing. Finishers like Avalanche will work similarly, with Blast and knockdown after the initial freeze.

Oberon's Hallowed ground could count as a "light" element field. Projectiles would remove status effects like Bleed, and finishers will offer a similar effect, but with an AoE radius around the caste.

Thoughts?

Hmm there's a Devstream where they said they won't do such e,e....plus no real point in doing so for now it'll just break more things in the game, not to mention people would want to see the color's from all frames involved to apply into the said combo, blast we already have from Mprime and some other techs without haveing to overlap, the wind frame im playing now allows you to shoot into her ult for elem switch beasty yea...

Possible yes but no time soon, tomany broken things in the game e,e atm there's powers like Nova's/Volt/Zepher that allow you to intereact via shooting into ths skill or like Mprime explode once enemy dies ;D so I'm sure one day we'll have abilitys that'll benifit off of eash other jusst no time soon annd from what they said in a livestream leads some of us to think if Frost+Ember=Nova sorta atm (ult wise) then maybe Oberon+Mag will cause some sort of CC ultra proc of death ;D (for now its death to MOA combo).

Just time your skills with your team and screen shot the results ;D (they make for somoe OP wallpapers)

I've done Ash+Loki+Vauban with some clan members, results were pretty badass....wish we had some one in a nice vantage point to observe a tech that was simiier to one used in Naruto...Basicly Loki swapped with an enemy and Vauban had Bounce AND Tesla balls where Loki was standing then I ulted the airbourn enemy with bladestorm ;D

Also try the Ember+Volt+Frost+Oberon "Field combo" its not "uber" it just ssorta trolly to the enemy...for they cant shoot inside...nor walk into the globe without dieing painfully D;

Edited by raqib1991