Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Dual Melee Weapon

PaperFett

Kusarigama - Chain & Sickle

IMG_0947.jpgKusarigama1.jpg

Attacking with the weapon usually entailed swinging the weighted chain in a large circle over one's head, and then whipping it forward to entangle an opponent's spear, sword, or other weapon, or immobilizing his arms or legs. This allows the kusarigama user to easily rush forward and strike with the sickle.

A kusarigama wielder might also strike with the spinning weighted end of the chain directly while still outside the range of an opponent's hand weapon.

This weapon has been suggested before but I think it needs a bump because it's badass, but also an actual ninja weapon.

No shuriken, then you're just stealing something from Ash.

No. Ash's Shuriken is him chucking a mosquito at a guy. He needs an actual Shuriken attack.

I'm still waiting on an actual ninjato. Wouldn't mind a Kusarigama but the problem is balancing it. It's not a heavy weapon so you can't give it uber power, it's got mediocre speed, but the range is way over any of the other melee weapons. So they'd either have to keep it at the uber range and nerf attack speed some (since he's swinging it around) or nerf range some so it wouldn't be the new god of melee weapons.

I'm still waiting on an actual ninjato. Wouldn't mind a Kusarigama but the problem is balancing it. It's not a heavy weapon so you can't give it uber power, it's got mediocre speed, but the range is way over any of the other melee weapons. So they'd either have to keep it at the uber range and nerf attack speed some (since he's swinging it around) or nerf range some so it wouldn't be the new god of melee weapons.

Perhaps it could only have a light attack of swinging the sickle, and the charged attack could be the snare and yanking the enemy towards you?

No. Ash's Shuriken is him chucking a mosquito at a guy. He needs an actual Shuriken attack.

You know what ash really needs? Instead of that tooth pick he throws, he should have a fuma shuriken (wider range, slower) and can go through multiple enemies! (Yes yes, op or whatever)

how you can imagine this in game? this is too hard animate this things!

Wouldn't be hard at all really, for someone in 3D animation that is. Basic attack animation can simply be the standard for dual weapons (striking with the weighted end for the off-hand attack), heavy attack would require animations for the projectile itself and a swinging, throwing, and pull animation for the warframe. Enemy fall animations already exist. It would certainly be a task but I don't think it's enough of one to count as a reason against implementing this idea.

Mechanics-wise, just imagine firing an extremely short range Paris, only if you make contact the enemy is pulled toward the user and into melee range.

Of course I am simplifying this but they've managed many more complex things in the game already.

• 1 month later...

Kusarigama-like weapon could use a similar system with the Glaive.

Charged attack throws the weighted chain ahead of the warframe, dealing "blunt" damage (ignores armor, high or guaranteed stun chance, etc) This charge is slow, but the attack is fast and it can hit multiple opponents at the expense of dealing low-ish damage.

Basic melee acts very much like the Dark Dagger using the scythe, high critical chance, high critical damage, however, has weaker stats than the Dark Dagger (due to the utility of the kusarigama-type weapon, there needs to be some balancing.)

All in all, this would be a weapon I would swoon over on release, so long as it's done properly.

Edited by AscendantWyvern