Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Analysis Of Sentinel Weapons

(PSN)Chill-zero

An Analysis of Sentinel Weapons

The way Sentinel weapons are handled now is flawed. I aimed to explain why this is and present a fun and exciting alternative. I could easily write a small book on this topic so I'll try to be brief:

The Problem

Sentinel weapons can be used interchangeably but, currently, the only way to acquire Sentinel weapons is to craft a Sentinel which magically appears pre-equipped with a weapon. Often times players will craft a Sentinel, not to use the Sentinel but, for the use of its weapon on an alternate Sentinel. I believe the player should be excited to craft what they're crafting. The joy of creating something shouldn't be similar to the joy of finding a needed part in a junkyard; prying the piece you want off of a frame you find useless.

First of all, Sentinel weapons are interchangeable: the Sentinel and its weapon can be separated from one another and each can still function identically to how they functioned previously. Inherently, this should be sufficient to consider each separate and independent from one another. 

Secondly, the phenomenon of creating independent items with separate functions from a solitary blueprint occurs nowhere else within Warframe. In fact, the opposite effect is usually what's observed:

-When crafting a weapon or Warframe one must collect and assemble blueprints for all of the components first before attempting to assemble the whole unit. 

-Once these pieces are assembled another blueprint is used to combine them into a single, solitary weapon/Warframe.

- When purchasing a solitary weapon or Warframe with platinum they only come with an Orokin Catalyst/Reactor (respectively) and an inventory slot, not their own exclusive Warframe/weapon (respectively).

For example: This effect would be similar to building Frost Prime simply to get an exclusive Freeze Ray with no intention of using Frost Prime.

An even more provocative example, if these two items (Sentinel and Weapon) are to be considered one unit, would be building a Freeze Ray just to use an attached Frost Prime. 

The Solution

Allow for the construction/purchase of Sentinel weapons independently from one another. Not only do I believe this will be more in line with what is commonplace in Warframe but I believe it opens up the possibility for new and exciting Sentinel weapons. Similar to other weapons in Warframe, blueprints for Sentinel weapons and be purchased/found. This would allow for the possibility of both Prime Sentinel Weapons (Maybe even Prime Sentinels) and a whole new range of fun weapons for Sentinels to use... 

Examples:

-A flamethrower

-Flux Rifle-esque beam weapon.

-Rocket Launcher

Really, the possibilities become endlessly fun...