Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Power Concept] Water-Based

Qwithe

This is just an idea I had and decided to write it down and subject it to criticism before I forgot most of it.

The frame idea is something that would be a jack of all trades (master of none) sort of thing, and the basics are just the power ideas.

The primary attribute of the Warframe is that the water is conductive to other powers. Like nature, it adapts to it's environment, taking on attributes of what it comes into contact with. If hit with elemental damage, it will do that damage type, allowing it to freeze, electrocute, boil, or poison, the targets within.

A counteractive measure could be that each elemental damage would also cause a secondary effect similar to Nightmare mods.  Freezing would increase the duration, but lower damage and range.  Electrocution would increase the AoE, but lower damage and duration.  Boiling would increase damage, but less duration and range.  Poison could have a very moderate increase to all three.  How combo powers would work with this sort of system though is probably highly debatable and perhaps a bit much with them only just releasing Zephyr's Tornado power that absorbs damage type.  This way it could help from being too overpowered, yet still allow it to be a jack of all trades and able to handle, if not as superbly as some frames, anything that comes it's way.

Water Whip-

Warframe creates a whip of water along each arm, lashing out at foes in a 270 degree angle around them, knocking down those nearby and stumbling those further away.

Able to increase: Range, Power

Bubble -

Encases the target and any nearby in a swirling bubble of water, lifting them off the ground.  If other enemies come close, they too get sucked in, but if the bubble exceeds it's capacity, it will push enemies out in the order they came in.  As with other water powers, if infused with an elemental damage type, it will then start to deal damage.

Able to increase: Range, Duration, Power (to allow more enemies to be held and damaged)

Vein Burst-

Draws forth water from the environment to flood the area.  (Nearby water veins and pipes will burst in the process) This causes enemies to have a high chance of slipping and stumbling. As with other water powers, if infused with an elemental damage type, it will then start to deal damage.

Able to increase:  Range and Duration

Tsunami-

Warframe summons a giant wave of water in an arc around them.  This wave will slow down projectiles, lowering the damage they do to targets behind the wave as well as stumble or knock back enemies that come into contact.  Over time, this power will send out smaller waves, stumbling and knocking back, or knocking down enemies that come into contact.  The further away they are, the less likely they are to be affected.  (A possible secondary effect: These smaller waves have a chance on contact with players to remove all status conditions they are currently afflicted with.)

As with other water powers, if infused with an elemental damage type, it will then start to deal damage.

As this power is increased in strength, the arc of the wave increases from 90degrees to 120 (or possibly 360 but I thought that may be a bit much even if the frame is the epicenter of the Tsunami and it would travel in all directions.)

Able to increase: Range, Power, Duration

Edited by Qwithe

I'd like to see this come in to fruition; I'd also like it to be male. Even though when people say Water Elementalist the first thing that usually comes to mind is femininity... Think Lotan, think crashing waves, think about the heavy lack of annoying moist/wet jokes. >3>

But no seriously, this would be an excellent concept and a great supportive role. Mixes things up a bit, but I think adding the bursting pipes and such would be difficult.. Who knows though, always room for alternatives to achieve the affect!