The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

"Well currently I am trying to reinvent the starchart user interface of my dashboard so that U14 HYPE I can work my way around without having to come back to the Dojo all the time. At least, that's what I was doing before I was interrupted. Seriously, the sign exists for a reason."

"Well," Miranda started, lightly waving about a screwdriver, "it keeps fools like you from making mess up in the middle of working. For example," she headed over to the console and pressed the button designated to display the starchart. When she did this, all of the planets were replaced with models of the famous salesman Darvo's head. "This is what happens when we interrupt my work. Programs get mixed up." She laughed a bit and turned the console off, turning back to Crimson. "So, Kro Crimson, why are you here if not for my duel invitation."

"Well my apologies, but you're the one who introduced yourself. So, whenever you're feeling up to it get a gun and get ready to shoot! I'll do the same. One moment." Stepping into the back of the Liset, Miranda entered an armory. A few minutes later, she emerged, a slate black Lanka with gold and red trim to match the Warframe and liset, as well as a pack of Castanas and a set of Nami Skyla strapped to her back. "Lead the way, Kro Crimson."

Edited by Alad_VI

Alright. So crimson, would you rather go to a dueling room or one of the conclaves? I generally prefer letting my victims run for a bit, bird of prey and all (OOC: and so the bird puns began) so I enjoy the conclaves more. Also, you know," Miranda swung her Lanka off of her back, gesturing to her prized possession. "Sniper rifles and all. But it's still your choice."

With a small leap of excitement Miranda was ecstatic. "All right, let's go! I haven't used this thing in far too long," she said, cradling her Lanka. She began to skip off towards the conclave arena. (OOC: Fun fact, my Lanka is my most prized of all weapons and so far has been able to one-shot every enemy in the game that doesn't have a damage cap)

Appearing outside of the large door marked 'EUROPA,' Miranda waited for Crimson to catch up, during which time she removed the clip from her Lanka, counted and examined all of the bullets, replaced the clip, turned the safety off, and primed her Castanas. "Ready when you are. You want to be Moon or Sun?"

"Alright then," Miranda rolled her shoulders and cracked her neck, swinging her Lanka onto her shoulder. "Let's go." With that, she crouched down for a moment before leaping, carried by a powerful gust of wind to the far side of tr conclave arena where she readied herself, took a combative stance, and waited.

"Alright then," Miranda rolled her shoulders and cracked her neck, swinging her Lanka onto her shoulder. "Let's go." With that, she crouched down for a moment before leaping, carried by a powerful gust of wind to the far side of tr conclave arena where she readied herself, took a combative stance, and waited.

"well" *lys turned to crimson* "Now you can show your not that stupid like she thinks you are"

Miranda blazed forward with unfathomable speed, taking the left path from the sun side of the arena before leaping off of a hanging cargo storage unit and sliding over the blue energy sphere in the centre of the arena, using her momentum to continue out the window of the small room and out onto the electrified floor. During this motion she passed in front of crimson, though was unable to stop herself in time. In an attempt to hit him, she slung a castana over her shoulder mid-flight, though it arced well above him and into the distance. (OOC: what're the rules regarding energy? We both start with a pool that can be increased by collecting, like with the regular dueling rooms in the dojo?)

Edited by Alad_VI

Grimacing at the sudden impact, the force of the Lex sent Miranda tumbling across the floor. "Mind the pistol, right." Standing to her full height once again, Miranda sent a rather sarcastic princess-like wave in the direction of Crimson before sending herself up into the rafters above the arena where she would hide, in doing so creating turbulence such that Crimson was knocked back slightly, though now pushed over.

On her way up Miranda had been shot a bit. This was bad. Fortunately for her, she was now in a place where she could use her favourite weapon. Creeping about so as to conceal her location, Miranda found a rafter that had a perfect view of most of the arena, and drew her Lanka. Her near-black frame blended extraordinarily well with the shadows of the upper level, and as she hunted crimson she sent a light wisp of wind through the arena, creating the smallest whistle for added fear effect on her prey.

As she found her mark, Miranda grinned from behind her helmet. The increasing pitch of a charging Lanka could be heard throughout the arena, it's source unknown. She fired, aiming at the left part of her target's chest.

Rolling out of the rafters to avoid being hit by the machine fire, Miranda caught herself I the ground. She then stood for a moment, and directed the air around her into a protective bubble of turbulent wind. From here, she charged forward at Crimson, sliding at the last moment to draw her Nami and swing at his shin not with the blades end, but with the blunt side so as to knock him down.

OOC: exactly how does one trip someone while they're sliding? Nevermind, I'll just go with it. Not as if I don't have an evil plan anyway.

IC: Miranda grimaced in pain, though she would not let any sound escape her lips. With her one free hand she drew a castana from storage and slammed it into Crimson's ankle saying, "Hope you enjoy fireworks," before turning her face from it and detonating, lightly singing her arm as she did so though she was protected mostly by her own shields.

Miranda stood up and brushed herself off before inspecting to points of impact on her warframe. "Got through my shields. Unexpected. But in the end," Mirada hoisted Crimson onto her shoulder and started out of the arena. "...Miranda was triumphant!" Miranda dumped Crimson's body in front of Lys. "That was refreshing. He'll know where to find me if you want to talk." Miranda started to leave for her Liset, skipping a bit with her Lanka slung over her right shoulder and a series of castanas resting between her left hand's fingers.

Miranda walked back over lackadaisically before extending her hand as if to handshake him however she instead slapped his hand away lightly. She turned around and went back on her way, calling over her shoulder, "Still need to earn that respect Kro Crimson!"

Edited by Alad_VI

Miranda heard the scream, and it sounded all too familiar. Her smile beneath the mask faded as she tightened her grip on her Lanka, her left hand forming a fist. She stopped as if to turn around.

Then she kept walking.