Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ares - New Warframe Concept

(PSN)Klein_TK

Bullet Damage bassed warframe!

Okay so I have to give this idea's credit to Angelsin000 on PS4 (the head of my clan, Riot).

This warframe is named Ares.

What if there was a warframe that did bullet damage? By this I mean the folowing:

Say it was a "Ballistics" type of warframe... Its powers and stats go like this...

Claymore (swipe up) - For this power to deal damage, other enemies must surround this one. The more you upgrade it, the larger the blast radius. This turns the enemy this is used on into an explosion of bullets dealing damage to those around it. Its like a shotgun blast except it is an AoE. This does Impact and Puncture damage.

Signal Beacon (swipe down) - This ablility attracts all the enemies in a specific radius toward you. Getting their attention and drawing them away from your squad. This ability is just what has been stated. It only attracts the enemies in a radius for a given time. Unranked = 15 sec. / Rank 1 = 20 sec. / Rank 2 = 25 sec. / Rank 4 = 30 sec.

Restock (swipe left) - Unranked = 15% bullets that hit you are sent to teammates to restock their ammo. Rank 1 = 25%. Rank 2 = 50%, Rank 3 = 65%. This ability stacks with mods that effect Power Strength (power strength increases or decreases the percentage of ammo you restore). This lasts fora set time of 15 seconds (it is however effected by mods that increase the length that the ability lasts for).

Warlord (Swipe Right) - This ability has CASTING TIME! Casting time is 4 seconds (this time duration is Ares turning his arms into miniguns). Ares turns its hands into dual mini guns. You have these for a set time. The minigun does Slash and Piercing damage. The more you upgrade this ability the longer you have the power. Unranked starts at 20 seconds. Rank 1 is at 27 seconds. Rank 2 is at 35 seconds. Rank 3 is at 40 seconds. Sprinting takes double the stamina (sprinting with this ability also makes you move the same speed as the warframe walking). Jumping and ALL "parkour" or stunt maneuvers are disabled (ie flips, sliding, wallruns, etc...)

This warframe will have a base stat of:
75 Health
50 Shields
10 Armor

Basic concept sketches:

Basic Helmet Profile - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCMlVQb1BXSVVmNWs/edit?usp=sharing

Basic Chasis - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCaTBtR3d0VVZWcEk/edit?usp=sharing

Basic minigun arm - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCaENNOFJXQlk5SzA/edit?usp=sharing

Minigun to normal arm - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCX29oNmxVWVFrdlE/edit?usp=sharing

Minigun Profile - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCVWRqdTQtbnMtT28/edit?usp=sharing

Primary Weapon Sketch - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCYU1Rek1XMEZWcWs/edit?usp=sharing

Primary Weapon Model - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCTnBKekhwS3RGeVE/edit?usp=sharing

Primary Weapon Detailed - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCa0h0WlYzMDFlb2s/edit?usp=sharing

Primary Weapon Scaled - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24TizRSgChCOGpiQUtsQjdiRmc/edit?usp=sharing

Concept Art Notes:

Basic Helmet - This helmet is detailed more towards the kind of gruff and rugged soldier that war would create. Only one eye is visible, however it is a lens that he uses to see. The other eye is damaged beyond repare and shown by scar paint on the helmet. He has a metal cap that apears to look like a typical "patrol cap". Also, he has a radio server on the left side of his head. This has wires connecting the the back of his head. The radio is of course for comunications, but more noticably for his ability "Signal Beacon". The tip of the radio emmits a radius of radio waves that appear redish orange. These are then picked up by the enemy and attracted to Ares to eliminate this source.

Chasis notes - The chasis of Ares is layers of plated metal. The chasis is also covered in ammo clips.

Arm vs. Minigun Arm - The minigun arm only apears once the Warlord ability is used. The miniguns have laser lights on them to help in aiming, since the gun has a wider than normal spread as well as recoil. The miniguns are also have a retical aimer on each one, however they are just for decoration and serve no real purpose. The retical scopes are subject for removal from the design. Ares arm (below the elbow to the hand) when not in Warlord mode is a shiny but bulky design of metal with a gas pipe that runs up the arm and attatches to the shoulder. This is a primitave design fo supply the mini-gun with power from the suits main power sourse. When Warlord is used, the arm (below the elbow) transforms into the mingun with the pipe still attatched.

Flak Gun - This is Ares primary weapon (just as Nekros's is the Soma). It is a handheld version of, well, a flak cannon. It shoots at a rate of 2 shots a second. The clip holds anywhere from 5 - 10 rounds (not sure on the round count yet). At each shot, the barrel retracts into the gun to eject the empty shell and draw in a new flack round. The bullets will explode on impact, but in default will explode 20 meters away. The flak that explodes releases a small amount of black dust and a barage of shrapenal at the enemies around. It does puncture damage. The gun has a low critical critical hit chance (2.5%), but will knock back the enemies if it does. This gun uses rifle ammo.

Melee Weapon! - We are currently designing a melee weapon for Ares. It is partially designed around a captains rapier, however, it a lot bigger and uses photons to create a blade that is quick, light, and deadly as well as quiet. (CONCEPT ART WILL BE PROVIDED SOON)

The sketches will become more detailed once Angelsin000 and I decide more on how we think it should look. Please provide feedback about the concept art! We would greatly appreciate it.

Any other ideas are welcome with this one.

~ Klein_TK

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Edit 1 ; 02/24/14 ; 8:51 AM

I lowered the base health and shields. Took me a while to realize that people were thinking in terms of base. The previous numbers were for once it reaches lvl. 30. My apologies.

I also completely re-created the third ability. Due to the fact that grenades may be a weapon in the future, I decided to make Ares third ability Event Horizon where all the enemies in a radius are attracted to you.

Suggestions are welcome!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Edit 2 ; 02/25/14 ; 8:53 AM

I changed how the first ability works and deals damage. I balanced out the final ability and the status changes it causes. I also fixed the Restock ability so it is less OP.

Suggestions are welcome!

Edit 3 ; 03/03/14 ; 8:47 AM

I added concept art! Just basic sketches, so do please ignore the crude roughness of them. I WILL make better and more detailed ones once we know what we want to do with it.

We agreed on a primary weapon that is introduced by Ares. A new FLAK GUN.

I also set the name of the 2nd ability, Signal Beacon. Warlord (4th ability) now has casting time (4 seconds). I provided textual detail as to what the concept art does.

Suggestions are welcome!

Edited by (PS4)Klein_TK

200 base shields and 300 base shields? Never mind the abilities but this sounds OP.

Yeah. That's more than any so far as a base stat. Let alone a second ability that refills energy and ammunition in that way. Also the third ability would most likely be redundant since the last devstream mentioned that in a future update getting standing with some factions could gain you the use of grenades.

Overall the idea of a ballistic themed warframe is good, but this just sounds like an overpowered parody of a Warframe o_o

I added changes. The changes listed are added to the bottom of the forum post. Please check em out. Feedback is appreciated.

@SockBadger I changed a lot about it to make it less overpowered like you and @Shadow-Blades say. I'd appreciate new feedback on it. I deffinately toned down the health and shields cause I listed what it could be once it was lvl 30 not an UNRANKED warframes health and shields. That was my mistake for not clarifying.

Also, I replaced the grenade ability and made the final one less OP as well.

Also, a few other changes were made. I believe this Warframe is deffinately less OP.

Feedback appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Edited by (PS4)Klein_TK