The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Persistant, Repeating Crashes Since Update 12

niekitty

Okay, just to get this out here: Warframe has never actually flat out CRASHED on me until update 12 was released. It might freeze occasionally, and since about 9 the hangs have been game breaking at times, but actually insta-dropping to desktop is VERY new.

Tested around a lot, this is the only 3d intensive program doing it (and i do some 3d modeling).

Now... a few notes on the crashes:

* About a 75% crash rate in Orokin Towers, almost every time either on entering the exit room, or the room before.

> as usual, the Red screen tone visible in some orokin tower missions effects performance horribly, and guarantees a crash.

* Invasion Missions. 90-95% crash rate in the interface rooms between Grineer sections and Corpus sections (going either way).

* about a 20% chance in ANY mission against Corpus. I could blame the Oxium drones, but those show up fine, and i have completed a few missions that ran pretty heavy on the little suckers.

* Performance when facing Grineer alone, particularly Earth maps, actually seems to have improved marginally. almost no crashes fighting them.

Specs:

* Windows XP pro, SP3 (yes, yes, i know, outdated, blah blah blah, im sure a ton of people are going to pitch the usual fit at me about it, but so far the only thing i cant run capped out on it is the new XCom)

* Intel Core2 Duo (~3+ghz)

* 3gb active RAM

* nVidia GeForce 9600 gt (512mb)

* 23% free hard drive space (so my page file's doing fine, thankyu very much)

* Average internal temp: ~85 (if i get more cooling on this thing it'll need to be tied down :D )

EDIT:

one last little oddity just uncovered: i can reduce crash rates somewhat by doing a file verify in steam. this invariably results in between 67 and ~200 files showing up as bad, but the file restore ALWAYS results in my having to download the last patch or two all over again. the reduced crash rates only last for 1 or 2 game sessions at best, regardless of how long i play for.

also, the 10-15 second freezes are still present, and still being heavily affected by whether or not i crash my Bamboo tablet drivers before starting the game.

Edited by niekitty

Okay, just to get this out here: Warframe has never actually flat out CRASHED on me until update 12 was released. It might freeze occasionally, and since about 9 the hangs have been game breaking at times, but actually insta-dropping to desktop is VERY new.

Tested around a lot, this is the only 3d intensive program doing it (and i do some 3d modeling).

Now... a few notes on the crashes:

* About a 75% crash rate in Orokin Towers, almost every time either on entering the exit room, or the room before.

> as usual, the Red screen tone visible in some orokin tower missions effects performance horribly, and guarantees a crash.

* Invasion Missions. 90-95% crash rate in the interface rooms between Grineer sections and Corpus sections (going either way).

* about a 20% chance in ANY mission against Corpus. I could blame the Oxium drones, but those show up fine, and i have completed a few missions that ran pretty heavy on the little suckers.

* Performance when facing Grineer alone, particularly Earth maps, actually seems to have improved marginally. almost no crashes fighting them.

Specs:

* Windows XP pro, SP3 (yes, yes, i know, outdated, blah blah blah, im sure a ton of people are going to pitch the usual fit at me about it, but so far the only thing i cant run capped out on it is the new XCom)

* Intel Core2 Duo (~3+ghz)

* 3gb active RAM

* nVidia GeForce 9600 gt (512mb)

* 23% free hard drive space (so my page file's doing fine, thankyu very much)

* Average internal temp: ~85 (if i get more cooling on this thing it'll need to be tied down :D )

EDIT:

one last little oddity just uncovered: i can reduce crash rates somewhat by doing a file verify in steam. this invariably results in between 67 and ~200 files showing up as bad, but the file restore ALWAYS results in my having to download the last patch or two all over again. the reduced crash rates only last for 1 or 2 game sessions at best, regardless of how long i play for.

also, the 10-15 second freezes are still present, and still being heavily affected by whether or not i crash my Bamboo tablet drivers before starting the game.

Support Ticket with your EE.log