Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About A Ranking System For Fusion?

BramBlackmon

Bear with me on this because I've put zero thought into it beyond what little I came up with 5 minutes ago.

Fusion prices are kind of B.S. right now. It's not something that's terribly painful in the short run to deal with, I've gotten a bunch of almost maxed out cards just by grinding endless defense missions.

But in the long run it's going to be a game wrecker for everyone who isn't absolutely head over heels in love with this game.

So, the simplest method would be to adjust the rates flatly. But there is another method that would not only solve the problem but give veteran players a little bit of extra incentive to stick with the game.

Introduce a Rank System. As you fuse Mods you get points towards Ranking up. As you rank up a few things in the mod process change. Mods become cheaper to fuse. You get a little bit more towards the next Mod rank out of every mod that goes into the fusion process. And eventually you'd be able to supercharge mods to an even higher level than current maximum.

This does two things. It encourages players who would otherwise just get their ideal gear set up and ignore the system for the rest of their time spent playing to continue playing with the system. I'm one of the people who this would incentivize. Once I get my current weapons up to rank 30, finish filling up the slots ((I have 5 cards I'm looking for before I'm done with that)) and get all of my points allocated. I'm done. Unless DE gives me a reason to continue toying with it.

It also gives veteran players a little bit of a loyalty bonus for sticking with the game. If you play long enough, and get your rank high enough, you'll be able to gain stat levels that no newbie could obtain. And nobody can say that you're unfairly OP when it comes through months of dedication to your craft.

Now please feel free to rip into me mercilessly for my half baked spur of the moment ideal.