Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

True Clan Vaults

(PSN)bmulligan

I recently started my clan on the PS4, and have been looking for ways to make my clan unique, but still be able to stay within the boundaries of the game. After a lot of discussing with those in my clan, we have stumbled across an idea that we'd all love to see implemented in the game. As the title would suggest, we'd like to see a true vault and/or banking system implemented into clans, allowing for trading within a clan without the need for platinum.

These true vaults would be added to the clan dojo, and work somewhat like research rooms but with a few new features. The vaults (or vault as a singular vault would make things easier on everyone) would be built like any other room, but be relatively larger, and have two consoles within the doors,one allowing for research and the other allowing for trading.

Being the relative size of an obstacle course, the vault room would have to take a somewhat hefty toll on the dojo's storage and energy, as it's functionality would be greater than that of most other rooms. 

Looking somewhat like a Tenno or Orokin themed librarians desk, or a much more massive trading center, the research desk would be the most prominent location in the room. The research will be mostly focused on capacity, but could be extended to allow for the storage of keys and prime BP's (as those will be available for trade apparently) so clans could have greater customization. Research would become available as clans build newer barracks, or reach different amounts of members, so a small clan of ten couldn't outbalance or rival a clan of one thousand, as the amount of data stored would be a burden on the servers, should every last one of the clans be capable of storing thousands of items.

The relative amounts as far as capacity to population or barracks is fairly debatable, but it is felt that the capacity for each member should be between two to ten items. The reasoning behind this is that very large clans definitely need a lot of space, but over ten thousand items in a vault would be quite excessive, and would easily lead to deflation within the clan economy. Having a mere two items per person would leave the demand raging out of control, allowing for prices to spike, or for the clans economy to simply fall apart as everyone trades with others outside the clan.

Leaving off capacity per person, but instead putting capacity on certain groups of items would be the most efficient idea discussed thus far. Say you had a clan of nine-hundred, and had around four-thousand five-hundred capacity in your clans vault. The leader of the clan, or any others that had permissions to access the vaults resources, would be able to set a limit on the certain kinds of items stored. For example:

Rare Mods:               450

Uncommon Mods:     420

Common Mods:         320

Rare Cores:              510

Uncommon Cores:    510

Common Cores:        210

Prime Weapon BP's: 260

Prime Weapon Parts:780

Prime Frame BP's:    260

Prime Frame Parts:   780

Having a large capacity seems obscene to any one Tenno, but this setup being for a group of 900 Tenno would make sure that there would always be enough items.

The other Console would be a console meant for trading, both with clan members and the vault itself. Dependent on the trade system, the vault capacity could be raised or lowered, so as to limit deflation. Looking like a bank of monitors, the trade station would have a smoother interface than that of the current trading kiosk. Should trade directly with clan mates be available, the vault capacity could be lowered, so the clan points (discussed later) could be exchanged directly for a mod. Trading directly with the vault and only the vault would require the larger capacity, so parts could still be regulated, but easily available.

As mentioned above, the vault trading would function on a system of trading and receiving clan points. The owner of the clan would be the only one allowed to modify clan point values, to their respective categories. Using the categories above, clan point values could be changed for groups of items, or individual items values could be set the number of which determined by research. When an items is deposited into the vault, clan points are credited to the user, and would show up on the top bar of the home screen, next to the credits and platinum, so the tenno's  balance would be easy to find. The total point balance of the vault itself would show up on the consoles within the vault. 

Should trade be enabled from clan member to clan member, the way of accruing points would remain the same, but they could be traded to other Tenno within the clan for other mods. The mods traded would fall subject to the prices (point-wise) set by the clan owner. Unless, of course, a normal trading kiosk was used.

For a player to retrieve something from the vaults, the same trade terminal/console will be accessed within the vault rooms, and an option for trading within the vault will be available. A Tenno will be able to select the item he/she is looking for, by scrolling through the categories that are (again) listed above. All categories will have numbers displayed by them, to show Tenno how many items are in that category, as well as by the items themselves, so items can be restocked if the supply runs low.

The room itself would be similar to the rooms containing supercomputers at the present moment. Banks upon banks of files would be shown traveling off into the distance, with sentinels or drones picking them up and whizzing around with them. Essentially, It would hopefully look like a high-tech library.

Hopefully, if you've made it this far, you have formulated your ideas and opinions on this topic, and will share them below, all ideas are a warm welcome, as nothing is perfect on it's first go. I personally hope to see a discussion start on this topic, as it's something I've spent a lot of time on (an hour just typing actually, my hands hurt quite badly by now) but you never know, the Stalker could come and finally kill us all.

Seems needlessly complicated, and wouldn't be all that useful, anyway. You can't expect an actual economy to work on so limited a scale, with so few items and relatively little demand. As a clan Warlord myself, I really can't see any point to this. The trading system that is in place right now works fine.

EDIT: Well, it works fine save for the fact that you can't trade certain things, but they're expanding that anyway. So yeah.

Edited by Siubijeni

Seems needlessly complicated, and wouldn't be all that useful, anyway. You can't expect an actual economy to work on so limited a scale, with so few items and relatively little demand. As a clan Warlord myself, I really can't see any point to this. The trading system that is in place right now works fine.

totally agree