Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Kogake And Obex: Grappling.

Lightmagus

Well, this is merely an idea that pop'd off my head when i was punching'n kicking stuff with my hands-to-hands, i felt like something was missing.

And then it came to my mind as i knocked down someone with a charge attack! Why not introduce 'Grappling' mechanic for these weapons?

This simple system, that i will explain below, would make the weapon much more useful and FUN to use, so i just leave it here and hope for the best, but enough rambling, here goes.

-So how would it work genius?:

Actually simple, there's actually a knockdown included with the charge attack for the Kogake, that leaves your enemy falling flat on the floor. Now, you could do a simple finisher attack to dispatch him quickly, but if you know it is not enough, you could grab him when he's down on the ground! Instead of pressing your melee, you press the 'use button' to pick him up in your hand and start carrying him around!

-So you got a dude in your hands, cool what next?:

You have different ways of how to deal with the unfortunate fellow that is now in your hands, however, you must react quickly as your stamina depletes as long as you hold the enemy! If you run out of stamina, the enemy will broke free and both of you will be stumbling for a second as he breaks free after hitting you. Also keep in mind, as long as you hold someone, you can't use your ranged weapons!

But let's go to the fun part! You can decide to hit the enemy you are holding by just pressing your melee attack a few times for extra hit when he's defenceless, or you can perform a suplex if you hold the melee attack button for a good load of damage, but this will end the grappling. Or, if you feel like your buddy needs more friendship, you can throw him by just pressing the left mouse button! This will knockdown any enemies that is on the way for medium damage. If you feel more artistic, sprint and hold the left mouse button, and you will spin, using the enemy as a weapon to hit everyone around you, doing a good deal of damage and also knocking down enemy! In case you are actually in danger yourself, as long as you hold an enemy, hold right mouse button to put your hostage in front of you, so he takes incoming damage!

-Seems interesting, but also overpowered...:

There is a certain risk performing this move:

-You can't use your guns as long as you are giving a cuddle to an enemy.

-Mind your stamina, it will drain slowly and you will be stumbled if out. The enemy will free himself but won't retaliate immediatly, but his buddies will!

-You get a certain stamina penalty for holding Heavy Units (Heavy Grinners, Corpus Techs, Ancients Infested.)

-Boss will slap you if you try that. (Not affected.)

-So, what are the damage based off?:

Damage would be based on the actual power of your weapon (hands-to-hands of course) with a certain multiplier. Simple attacks when holding the victim would do normal damage, Suplex is a Charge Attack with a double (or triple damage multiplier), the Throw is based on your charge attack, with reduced damage for each targets knocked down by your human projectile. The Spin attack, as well as consuming a lot of stamina, will be based on your current Spin attack value multiplied by 3. This might not be the best maths, of course, but i am not really good with numbers so...

-What's the point of all this?

Making hands-to-hands way more active and fun as well as giving combat in warframe more spice with more shenanigans for melee combat. I just hope this get noticed and i also want to see some little comments for any possible improvement!

Hopefully Melee 2.0 delivers at least a fraction of this. I mean, the current model of "either mash Q or hold Q for power attack" would never support this complexity, like Metal Gear style CQC or anything, so we can only dream and hope.

I think this would be awesome, though. Would give me a reason to use the unarmed combat weps anyway. If every weapon group had some sort of niche that made it superior in certain aspects over others, then yeah I'm all for it.

• 2 weeks later...