The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Upgraded Graphics Card Lower Performance

LtGoose

Hello 

I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago and was loving it so i decided to upgrade my graphics card to get the most out of the game but since doing so my performance has dropped drastically and im getting multiple visual bugs such as enemies teleporting around, doors opening and their being a white wall where the door should be and stuttering 

My Specs

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP43-DS3

Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 2.4ghz

Ram- 8 gb

Graphics Card- Nvidia 760 (previously using the gtx 260)

I thought it was a driver issue but as far as i can see im using the latest nvidia driver (334.89) i then considered that i might not of un installed the drivers for the previous graphics card properly so i reformatted to no avail. I've also tried messing about with the settings e.g. multi core rendering, direct x11 and low to high settings and i still receive low fps about 20-25 and the stuttering

any help you may be able to offer would be much appreciated

Hello 

I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago and was loving it so i decided to upgrade my graphics card to get the most out of the game but since doing so my performance has dropped drastically and im getting multiple visual bugs such as enemies teleporting around, doors opening and their being a white wall where the door should be and stuttering 

My Specs

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP43-DS3

Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 2.4ghz

Ram- 8 gb

Graphics Card- Nvidia 760 (previously using the gtx 260)

I thought it was a driver issue but as far as i can see im using the latest nvidia driver (334.89) i then considered that i might not of un installed the drivers for the previous graphics card properly so i reformatted to no avail. I've also tried messing about with the settings e.g. multi core rendering, direct x11 and low to high settings and i still receive low fps about 20-25 and the stuttering

any help you may be able to offer would be much appreciated

Thats a sign of pretty bad lag, not so much your GPU.

I get that whenever things get pretty laggy. Also try putting graphical settings to default and then tweaking them from there. 

My 2nd guess would be your processor. What I looked up showed that an i3 performed a bit better than your processor (though it's just a dual core).

It sounds like you are sorta due for an upgrade.

Your CPU may be holding back the full potential of the new card, but it should not result in worse performance than the old card.

Worst case scenario you would have seen the same performance, if the CPU was the limiting factor.

Try it solo to eliminate lag being an issue?

You have anything else running like MSI afterburner? Check settings in there.

Otherwise I'm at a loss, you should be golden with that card!

Good luck.

Several people repoted lower performance in update 12.

Which may be the case,because before update 12 i could max the game without drops,except for the orokin survival mission´s when the enemies are clustering around in giantic groups.

With my 7870 and FX 8350 i'm now getting drops and stutters in some mission´s.

Even with that,your graphic card (GTX760?) is way better,and i don't think your cpu is bottlenecking your performance.

You should try to tinker about your graphics and your FOV in the settings menu or wait for hotfixes.

Edited by Shelter92

Thankyou so much for all your responses so quickly i have somewhat remedied the issue i switched to 32 bit mode which bumped up my fps by a huge amount  then stood in a survival and turned down all the settings to the lowest and systematically went through them turning them on trying to notice an fps drop it seems like the major setting affecting it was physx even though only by about 5 fps.

It would appear that even though im using a 64 bit os switching to 32 helped a hell of alot 

thank you so much for everyone that helped out

It would appear that even though im using a 64 bit os switching to 32 helped a hell of alot 

Then I'd say it's your processor.

I looked up your processor and it says that it's a 64 bit, but idk. it seems pretty old.

32 bit only uses up to 3-4gb of RAM.

Then I'd say it's your processor.

I looked up your processor and it says that it's a 64 bit, but idk. it seems pretty old.

32 bit only uses up to 3-4gb of RAM.

There is nothing wrong with his CPU, and the he obviously has not changed his operating system to 32-bit. He meant he disabled the 64-bit option in the Warframe launcher.

I do not know why the 64-bit Warframe client sometimes exhibits the instability it does, but it seems apparent there is an issue there. Reverting to 32-bit has solved issues for a lot of users.