Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players Having Trouble?

Broddr

I know theres a page for posting streams but I see some people having issues with warframe. Well I'm streaming for a few hours and wanted to prove that low level can be done. I will solo (for now) any and all missions with a new char/weapons just to prove it can be done.

I read somewhere that a guy had issues with a Loki. Well here to him :-D

www.twitch.tv/Mortified__penguin

If you want to be taken seriously, at least do it legit. Start a new account and experience the game that way. In fact, if you somehow get lucky with a shield or hp mod in the early levels, don't even equip it.

What I saw so far on your stream, using a supercharged Loki with Skana Prime (maybe you didn't have a default Skana, but still. At those levels it's the difference between 1 shotting mobs and 2 shotting them, that extra 10 damage), you got 2 vitality mods in your second mission and fused them together. That is not a newbie's experience, especially if you are a bit unlucky in the beginning, sorry. Not to mention you've got experience over them so you already have a starting advantage, use it to teach them.

why dont even equip it? if i get lucky at level 1, why not? Also I bought new char, new weapons new everything. I have not "equiped" anything that hasnt droped nor am I using non-starting equipment. I see no problem with this, you did bring up a point about the supercharged loki, yes... saddly with this account I could do nothing. Maybe next time I will do a new account. But the skana has nothing to do with stats. And me getting 2 vitality mods on second mission is again, luck. Had nothing to do with the level of my actual account.

Why not equip it? Because the problem is in the drop rate and MOST newbies or even old people do not have those mods still. Me? I have farmed 400+ mods since Update 7 is out and still no shield mod. That is why, because it's not realistic. Sure, vitality is not extremely uncommon but I'm pretty sure you can get away with doing Mercury without a vitality mod, so why not give proper examples?

Skana Prime has 10 more damage on normal swing and charged attack, last time I checked. And you can use half of your drain points and pretend it's not supercharged if you insist on playing on your main account.

The 2 vitality I got as DROPS in the first world? Problem with that? If you got it as a new player you would have equiped it. can check the replay they both dropped. Thus is why I equiped it. :-D

And I started to do half the points too :-D once I saw that. And ill double check the sword for damage

Double checked the sword and it does state "Slightly Better Damage" hmm 10 more damage really doesnt make a diffrence when I used it considering I used it on mobs away from other enemies. So MAYBE 1 more swing. But I know some people like to nit-pick the details. I'll do a new account some other time. (I hate makeing alts since well... hurts warframes numbers in my opinion to have a account thats never going to be used again)

Edited by Broddr

Yes, a new player would have equipped it, if he got the drop in the first place, dude. That is my freakin' point here. Why not go through mercury assuming he did not get the drop? Assume a worst case scenario, see how tough it gets. Plus, not to mention you are NOT able to equip it if you already have some skills equipped because you're not supercharged. I mean come on, if you wanna prove something at least do it right. You died in the first mission for god's sake.

You must be joking about that 10 extra damage not being a big deal. Base damage of Skana = 25, Skana Prime = 35, that's a 40% increase. The melee damage mod MAXED is a 47% increase. I know you didn't use it much and mostly just shot things but like I said, if you want to prove something at least do it properly. I have nothing against you helping newbies but do it in a realistic fashion, otherwise you're just spreading more misinformation.

Either way, good luck to you and your streaming in the future.