Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginners Tip Against The Infested, Grineer, And Corpus To Rule Out Game Being Too Hard To Play :)

Kabeta

This may seem like a big block post, but my sincere appolgies as this forum wont let me fancy the paragraphing or anything of that nature, But I wanted to post this out with my experience into the game for the new beginners and the other players that wonder what weak spots and elements are against all the different kinds of mobs in the game. Okay I will start off with the infested. I keep hearing that the infested are just way way too hard, but honestly I enjoy playing against the infested more than any of the other mobs due to the fact they cant shoot you. Majority of the match will be run and shoot. But the ancients. Their weak spot for ancients goes as follows, only melee the ancent healers. There are 3 kinds of ancients.Ancient Healer ("basically does nothing") Ancient Disruptor ('has ability to knock out your sheilds and energy 100%") Ancient Toxic ("Green glowing poisonous") Weakspots with weapons, pistols and assualt rifles weak spots are Critical super weak spot it the head directly, if you cant hit the head aim for it's stubby skinny lead or foot. And for shotguns the head is not the weak spot at all, the only critical weakspot for using a shotgun on the ancients are its feet, so with the pellet spread aim for its waist area and legs you will get way higher numbers that way. Their elemental super weakness is fire, it tends to stun them at times, and frost element is terrific aswell due to the fact that with that mod it will tend to slow them down, but mostly fire and frost works best against them. Now the grineer, weekspots for them are the head, even their strong have a weakspot for their head, everything else tends to have a specific damage rate. But If you are wondering what to do about the grineer with the sheilds, very simple. The sheild will have a red spot at the top right of it. Shoot that red spot so many times to make the sheil carrier loose grip on his sheild to take him out. And the roller balls. Run like hell and jump up on a box or something and sit still and the ball will stop and aim down and shoot it. All the elements tend to work on the grineer, but really havent noticed any specific element that tends to stun them the most. The grineer have a tendency to have 100% accuracy so extremely hard to dodge any of their attacks so be careful plan your route out and be frosty. Now the Corpus they are mostly weak armored, but headshots tend to hurt them alot, the robots of the corpus just shoot at their head and chest area cause they tend to draw the same amount of damage. If you tend to see the enemies of the corpus glowing blue, that means they are sheilded, look into the air and around them to find the little flying elemental robot and shoot that to draw the sheilds off the enemies to help with ammo management. The corpus hate the electricty element. It will stun just about all the corpus except for the robots, so yes to all of you melee lovers, corpus is terrific to melee. Just run up to them and shoot 1 bullet and they will stun for so long to give you a shot at charging up your melee weapon for some serious damage. But I know some people don't approve of these tips but honestly I really do hope this will help out some players. I learned from playing so much myself as I tend to have over 40k kills into the game so far. And I'm terribly sorry again for the long paragraph chunk, I really hope it gets more user friendly for me in the near future. Well good luck in the game and hope to see you soon. Thnx and God Bless :)))

This may seem like a big block post, but my sincere appolgies as this forum wont let me fancy the paragraphing or anything of that nature, But I wanted to post this out with my experience into the game for the new beginners and the other players that wonder what weak spots and elements are against all the different kinds of mobs in the game.

Okay I will start off with the infested. I keep hearing that the infested are just way way too hard, but honestly I enjoy playing against the infested more than any of the other mobs due to the fact they cant shoot you. Majority of the match will be run and shoot. But the ancients. Their weak spot for ancients goes as follows, only melee the ancent healers. There are 3 kinds of ancients.Ancient Healer ("basically does nothing") Ancient Disruptor ('has ability to knock out your sheilds and energy 100%") Ancient Toxic ("Green glowing poisonous") Weakspots with weapons, pistols and assualt rifles weak spots are Critical super weak spot it the head directly, if you cant hit the head aim for it's stubby skinny lead or foot. And for shotguns the head is not the weak spot at all, the only critical weakspot for using a shotgun on the ancients are its feet, so with the pellet spread aim for its waist area and legs you will get way higher numbers that way. Their elemental super weakness is fire, it tends to stun them at times, and frost element is terrific aswell due to the fact that with that mod it will tend to slow them down, but mostly fire and frost works best against them.

Now the grineer, weekspots for them are the head, even their strong have a weakspot for their head, everything else tends to have a specific damage rate. But If you are wondering what to do about the grineer with the sheilds, very simple. The sheild will have a red spot at the top right of it. Shoot that red spot so many times to make the sheild carrier loose grip on his sheild to take him out. And the roller balls. Run like hell and jump up on a box or something and sit still and the ball will stop and aim down and shoot it. All the elements tend to work on the grineer, but really havent noticed any specific element that tends to stun them the most. The grineer have a tendency to have 100% accuracy so extremely hard to dodge any of their attacks so be careful plan your route out and be frosty.

Now the Corpus they are mostly weak armored, but headshots tend to hurt them alot, the robots of the corpus just shoot at their head and chest area cause they tend to draw the same amount of damage. If you tend to see the enemies of the corpus glowing blue, that means they are sheilded, look into the air and around them to find the little flying elemental robot and shoot that to draw the sheilds off the enemies to help with ammo management. The corpus hate the electricty element. It will stun just about all the corpus except for the robots, so yes to all of you melee lovers, corpus is terrific to melee. Just run up to them and shoot 1 bullet and they will stun for so long to give you a shot at charging up your melee weapon for some serious damage. But I know some people don't approve of these tips but honestly I really do hope this will help out some players. I learned from playing so much myself as I tend to have over 40k kills into the game so far. And I'm terribly sorry again for the long paragraph chunk, I really hope it gets more user friendly for me in the near future.

Well good luck in the game and hope to see you soon. Thnx and God Bless :)))

(fixed)

Edited by Bakim0n0

This may seem like a big block post, but my sincere appolgies as this forum wont let me fancy the paragraphing or anything of that nature, But I wanted to post this out with my experience into the game for the new beginners and the other players that wonder what weak spots and elements are against all the different kinds of mobs in the game.

Okay I will start off with the infested. I keep hearing that the infested are just way way too hard, but honestly I enjoy playing against the infested more than any of the other mobs due to the fact they cant shoot you. Majority of the match will be run and shoot. But the ancients. Their weak spot for ancients goes as follows, only melee the ancent healers. There are 3 kinds of ancients.Ancient Healer ("basically does nothing") Ancient Disruptor ('has ability to knock out your sheilds and energy 100%") Ancient Toxic ("Green glowing poisonous") Weakspots with weapons, pistols and assualt rifles weak spots are Critical super weak spot it the head directly, if you cant hit the head aim for it's stubby skinny lead or foot. And for shotguns the head is not the weak spot at all, the only critical weakspot for using a shotgun on the ancients are its feet, so with the pellet spread aim for its waist area and legs you will get way higher numbers that way. Their elemental super weakness is fire, it tends to stun them at times, and frost element is terrific aswell due to the fact that with that mod it will tend to slow them down, but mostly fire and frost works best against them.

Now the grineer, weekspots for them are the head, even their strong have a weakspot for their head, everything else tends to have a specific damage rate. But If you are wondering what to do about the grineer with the sheilds, very simple. The sheild will have a red spot at the top right of it. Shoot that red spot so many times to make the sheild carrier loose grip on his sheild to take him out. And the roller balls. Run like hell and jump up on a box or something and sit still and the ball will stop and aim down and shoot it. All the elements tend to work on the grineer, but really havent noticed any specific element that tends to stun them the most. The grineer have a tendency to have 100% accuracy so extremely hard to dodge any of their attacks so be careful plan your route out and be frosty.

Now the Corpus they are mostly weak armored, but headshots tend to hurt them alot, the robots of the corpus just shoot at their head and chest area cause they tend to draw the same amount of damage. If you tend to see the enemies of the corpus glowing blue, that means they are sheilded, look into the air and around them to find the little flying elemental robot and shoot that to draw the sheilds off the enemies to help with ammo management. The corpus hate the electricty element. It will stun just about all the corpus except for the robots, so yes to all of you melee lovers, corpus is terrific to melee. Just run up to them and shoot 1 bullet and they will stun for so long to give you a shot at charging up your melee weapon for some serious damage. But I know some people don't approve of these tips but honestly I really do hope this will help out some players. I learned from playing so much myself as I tend to have over 40k kills into the game so far. And I'm terribly sorry again for the long paragraph chunk, I really hope it gets more user friendly for me in the near future.

Well good luck in the game and hope to see you soon. Thnx and God Bless :)))

(fixed)

Awesome thnx m8 much aprreciated :))

Couple things:

If you aim at the arc of the helmit that sticks up over the shield on the "riot geared" grins you can headshot them; I usually put one or two in their head and just drop them instead of trying to get them to lose their shield.

Grins *are* weak against an "element"; the same mod that is overall the best damage type in the game, armor piercing (not to be confused with armor ignore; it does additional damage just like the other elements)

I still recommend using Melee against the ancients except for the toxic ones; you do run the risk of getting snapped by the disrupter (but you do at almost any range if it's close) just get the hang of "walking" in a circle around them using melee (aim slightly to the right or left while charging, so you will still hit but take a step to their side) and you can actually get a rhythm down to consistantly avoid their melee attack and be clear to wail on them with another charge. It does get a little tricky and it isn't 100% effective, and I do not recommend doing it if there are multiple enemies (also frost in your wep is amazingly useful to keep them slowed down, if you have a frost mod this tactic works wonders against solitary ancients.

Corpus have strange weakpoints... often it's their hands and feet, if you don't have a banshee to see where they are a safe bet is center mass; however the mechanical walker types *do* have a headshot point, thier gun (which is effectively their head). Frost damage is useful against them too because it's highly damaging to shields.

Also note slashing weapons (i.e. any weapon that has an edge like Scindo, Skana, heat blades etc etc) have innate damage bonus against infected... It's a good idea to have a slashing melee weapon on when you take on infected, especially if you can add fire and or frost (IIRC slashing weapons do double damage, fire does quadruple damage) and even more especially if you can hit multiple enemies with your melee (like Scindo, Gram, Dual swords etc).

For any Loki lovers out there... invis + slashing weapon with fire and crit damage + = wiping whole pulls of infected in seconds

(invis grants a huge bonus to crit chance because of built in mechanics when attacking foes unaware of your presense)

I'll add something here.

Infest can be melee, actually quite easily. The most damaging move is the stun that cause you to go 'downed' and kiss the floor since with their overwhelming number, they will kill you before you can get up (avoid Mercury Infest if you're fresh into Warframe and alone). You can't do a 'kip-up' move like Loki in the trailer, not yet.

How to melee Infest.

1. Don't stand against them toe to toe. you just can't.

2. Dodge around with double tap sprint button to avoid damage.

3. Try to charge melee them to take them out one by one.

4. Jump melee to deal AOE damage (unreliable but you can 'down' an ancient with this move and follow up with ground finisher for big damage bonus)

5. slide melee to deal AOE damage.

Infest will stagger if you attack them with blade weapon (almost everything that aren't BO, Fragor, Amphis). Use this to your advantage when fighting against Ancients. Disruptor ancient can be killed easily with fast melee weapon. The only ancient that you, by all means, shouldn't melee is the toxic since the poison cloud will eat your health while bypassing your shield. The only exception is Rhino's Iron skin which makes him immune to poison and stagger/stun.

When you gather enough credit and material. If you're hell-bent on fighting against Infest with melee, buy Scindo blueprint from the cash shop and craft one. Heavy weapon makes you immune to stagger during charged swing animation. Perfect for Infest with increase charge attack speed mod and charge damage mod.

Three starter frames against Infest :

1. Excalibur : Pretty basic. Slash dash allow him to kill infest quite easily. Radial blind with buy him some time to retreat, climb the box, kill infest from a safe distance. Super jump is an emergency exit button (you need to level it up to max for best result, you're not going to use it much in low level area). AOE ultimate can kill Infest in 360 degree arc and pin them against the wall.

2. Loki : All you need is invisibility and decoy. If you prefer fighting at long range, use decoy and shoot them down without risk of dying. If you prefer melee, which is easier than Excalibur, use Invisibility. Invisibility makes you invulnerable against all damage (except AOE, poison, and Leaper jump attack) while granting you guarantee critical damage with your melee weapon.

3. Volt : His skill set isn't really useful against Infest. You probably use speed to outrun them and choose where you want to fight. Overload to kill them with AOE damage.

Another tip I find is elemental damage here is the general idea:

Frost -> takes out shields very well

Fire -> good against fleshies specifically infested

Electric -> good against corpus

Mix all three on a weapon -> never worry about elemental weakness again!

Also favorite mod for me outside of elements are multishot / raw damage / armor pierce